GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

AdamDFKC

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
17 Golf R
EQT DSG tunes have oem style launch control settings 'built into them'. But ECU tune can override it and force Cobb style LC. No idea what's going on with the MAP tunes. Might be some weird unintended result of combining ECU and TCU tunes that weren't made for each other.

That matches my thinking. I selected Cobb style LC when I ordered the EQT tunes and I'm guessing that as soon as I flash the new ECU tune I'll have launch control again. I just wanted to see if anyone more familiar with so if this knew for certain that this was the expected behavior.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
We've been hard work on our latest round of EQT Staged Tune revisions. This time we have some exciting updates for all 2019+ GTI, GLI, and A3 customers! With the help of several local test cars and many remote beta testers, we have further refined our pump gas tunes and released some brand new Staged Tune options for these cars.

Refinements include revised throttle mapping for better response and smoother drivability, revised boost control strategy to address underboost conditions experienced by some cars at high elevation, and overall refinements to offer smoother and more consistent power output. We have also resolved the burbles functionality that was preventing some 2019+ cars from activating the feature. These revised files now carry a V2.50 designation.

We have also released our very popular EQT E30 Staged Tunes for the 2019+ cars! Stage 1/2 cars can run our E30 Staged Tunes on completely stock fuel systems and get a huge boost in performance! Check out the results of our new EQT Staged Tunes in this dyno comparison. And remember that different dyno numbers can vary, so always take the baseline pull into consideration.

Finally, we have also released our EQT DSG Tune for the 2019+ GTI/GLI/A3 7 Speed DSG Transmission (DQ381). We spent months dialing this in with the help of many beta testers. We used input from the community to finalize this DSG tune to try to satisfy as many customers as possible.

All updated and new tunes are now live and available for purchase: https://eqtuning.com/collections/vw-audi/tuning

1600976684278.png

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Anyone have any thoughts on this one and what it may be/where it could be coming from?
Odd noise I’m getting on my R which sounds like a boost leak. See video below at 11 secs. Not my car in vid, but pretty much same sort of noise.
It really only does it once when driving…which is first hard pull after oil gets up to temp (190-ish). After that or if car gets warmer nothing.
I just finished up 91 tune on new Vortex std with Nick at EQT before we move to E40 and nothing is showing up on logs to warrant concern from his standpoint.
His take “ boost control varies a lot with temperature conditions, so perhaps you do have a small leak somewhere, but it must be small”
Also, no EPC and OBD11 and Accessport not showing any codes, so whatever the noise is must be minor at this point.
I checked hoses to IC + discharge pipe connections, etc and all looks good and tight. I guess next step will be smoke/pressure test

Note on log… DA = 8k+ on this pull (6k altitude). If it matters…Vortex STD/FBO/HPFP/535LPFP/PM4/4barPUT (no MPI)
https://datazap.me/u/msh/91-vortex-v107?log=0&data=8-14

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Anyone have any thoughts on this one and what it may be/where it could be coming from?
Odd noise I’m getting on my R which sounds like a boost leak. See video below at 11 secs. Not my car in vid, but pretty much same sort of noise.
It really only does it once when driving…which is first hard pull after oil gets up to temp (190-ish). After that or if car gets warmer nothing.
I just finished up 91 tune on new Vortex std with Nick at EQT before we move to E40 and nothing is showing up on logs to warrant concern from his standpoint.
His take “ boost control varies a lot with temperature conditions, so perhaps you do have a small leak somewhere, but it must be small”
Also, no EPC and OBD11 and Accessport not showing any codes, so whatever the noise is must be minor at this point.
I checked hoses to IC + discharge pipe connections, etc and all looks good and tight. I guess next step will be smoke/pressure test

Note on log… DA = 8k+ on this pull (6k altitude). If it matters…Vortex STD/FBO/HPFP/535LPFP/PM4/4barPUT (no MPI)
https://datazap.me/u/msh/91-vortex-v107?log=0&data=8-14

That noise is definitely a small boost leak.

-- Ed

Reactions: MSH

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
That noise is definitely a small boost leak.
-- Ed
Thx Ed. I guess it's time for a smoke test then, because I've tightened everything up. It certainly isn't impacting performance.
Nick has brought spool down to hitting peak boost @ ~3300.
My short Dragy runs of sub 3.5s 0-60 and 7.4s 1/8 are damn good considering that's only on 91
Both of which are great IMO considering our DA of 8k-9k.

davcohen

Ready to race!
Burbles fixed. They now work the same as other model years.

It mentions this in the updated tune, Could you maybe post a video of before or after or maybe provide a brief explanation of the change. As you guys know I am running V2.01 and wanted more burbles. Almost have my exhaust setup on.

I did wonder one thing as im Manual what is the rev limiter set at and what are the recommended shift points, I assume this isnt like a Honda run where they bounce off the limiter

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Burbles fixed. They now work the same as other model years.

It mentions this in the updated tune, Could you maybe post a video of before or after or maybe provide a brief explanation of the change. As you guys know I am running V2.01 and wanted more burbles. Almost have my exhaust setup on.

I did wonder one thing as im Manual what is the rev limiter set at and what are the recommended shift points, I assume this isnt like a Honda run where they bounce off the limiter

The V2.01 files for the 2019 GTI only had burbles active if the customer chose both sport and normal modes. In the v2.5 file, they work as expected if you choose sport only or normal only. There is no change in how aggressive they are.

-- Ed

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The V2.01 files for the 2019 GTI only had burbles active if the customer chose both sport and normal modes. In the v2.5 file, they work as expected if you choose sport only or normal only. There is no change in how aggressive they are.

-- Ed

I have a 2019, how do I know if I have the specific 2019 file? I've started to see the weird issue with indicated gear being off like before the factory fixed it with the 24d patch.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
I have a 2019, how do I know if I have the specific 2019 file? I've started to see the weird issue with indicated gear being off like before the factory fixed it with the 24d patch.

If you don't have the 2.5 release, then you don't have the refined release.

Andy E.

Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Hi, Ed.

About to purchase your Stage 2 tune for my 2019 VW GTI Mk7.5 (using my Cobb Accessport).

Possibly a really silly question, but one I can't find the answer to anywhere: When I purchase the tune through the EQT site, what happens? Is it a file I must download to my laptop, after which I must upload it to my Cobb Accessport? I checked FAQs and couldn't find the answer.

I'll be looking to flash to Stage 2 next Tuesday (10/6/20), so a prompt answer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Andy

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hi, Ed.

About to purchase your Stage 2 tune for my 2019 VW GTI Mk7.5 (using my Cobb Accessport).

Possibly a really silly question, but one I can't find the answer to anywhere: When I purchase the tune through the EQT site, what happens? Is it a file I must download to my laptop, after which I must upload it to my Cobb Accessport? I checked FAQs and couldn't find the answer.

I'll be looking to flash to Stage 2 next Tuesday (10/6/20), so a prompt answer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Andy

Yes you'll get a tune file that you then put on the Access Port. You would be better off emailing EQT direct or communicating on Facebook. They aren't in our forum that often.. Just purchase the tune from their website and they will email it to you.

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
We've been hard work on our latest round of EQT Staged Tune revisions. This time we have some exciting updates for all 2019+ GTI, GLI, and A3 customers! With the help of several local test cars and many remote beta testers, we have further refined our pump gas tunes and released some brand new Staged Tune options for these cars.

Refinements include revised throttle mapping for better response and smoother drivability, revised boost control strategy to address underboost conditions experienced by some cars at high elevation, and overall refinements to offer smoother and more consistent power output. We have also resolved the burbles functionality that was preventing some 2019+ cars from activating the feature. These revised files now carry a V2.50 designation.

We have also released our very popular EQT E30 Staged Tunes for the 2019+ cars! Stage 1/2 cars can run our E30 Staged Tunes on completely stock fuel systems and get a huge boost in performance! Check out the results of our new EQT Staged Tunes in this dyno comparison. And remember that different dyno numbers can vary, so always take the baseline pull into consideration.

Finally, we have also released our EQT DSG Tune for the 2019+ GTI/GLI/A3 7 Speed DSG Transmission (DQ381). We spent months dialing this in with the help of many beta testers. We used input from the community to finalize this DSG tune to try to satisfy as many customers as possible.

All updated and new tunes are now live and available for purchase: https://eqtuning.com/collections/vw-audi/tuning

View attachment 186818
I’m on the latest update and I’m gonna have to say the throttle is so much better before it felt like I always need to get on the car and beat on it because the throttle was so sensitive now the throttle is perfect where I can drive it nicely and than beat on it when I feel like it, instead of the car always encouraging me to go faster. Very nice update