GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Yeah that checks. More data that is hidden deep on Facebook only.

why didn’t you like it? Just curious

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
It is a little annoying that it resets each start up cause I think it works well. Slot 6 is where I’ve been setting mine.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Yeah, I had it on my Focus ST and I liked it, was great for fwd car. But I liked for it to allow for a little more slip, which it sounds like you do as well. It's a bummer we can't adjust minor things like this or at least have the ability to save a new default. I'm getting ready to change the options on my staged tune and debating whether or not to get the TC. I almost wish I could get it, but default disabled. But I don't think that's an option. AWD here, so it's not as critical of a thing. But in a drag racing type scenario it would be nice.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yeah that checks. More data that is hidden deep on Facebook only.

why didn’t you like it? Just curious

It's making a huge torque cut in first gear at WOT around 5000rpm. At slightly less than WOT, it doesn't. It's like it finally figures out it doesn't the amount of wheel slip and makes a huge correction. And that's with the factory ESC disabled.

I'm wondering if they can just remove it from the tune for me. I chose it against my better judgement, but read good things about it and was under the impression I could turn it off if I didn't like it. That doesn't seem to be the case, unless I want to do it every time I start the car.

Last edited:

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Man, thats strange. On my ST it was so seamless. It made the car feel a lot less rowdy at times too, because it just eliminated any wheelspin/drama and went. They charge $75 for a tune option adjustment, which seems a little steep to me, but it is what it is. Probably don't want guys changing a little setting every week and add a bunch of work for themselves.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Slot 9 is a custom setting. You may be able to request it to your liking for that slot but yea, still would need to reset every key cycle.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
We're still working on it. If you purchase the bundle, you'll receive the DSG tune when it's released. In the meantime, you can use the Cobb Sport DSG tune as it's decent for what it is.

Placed an order for the AP and DSG tune yesterday on your website :cool:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I think I'd just go with another tuner if having them remove a faulty TC scheme from a tune I just purchased costs another $75 on a staged OTS tune, which they have purposely made it not possible to turn on and off by default. If I'd known that, I would have gone with another tuner.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I think I'd just go with another tuner if having them remove a faulty TC scheme from a tune I just purchased costs another $75 on a staged OTS tune, which they have purposely made it not possible to turn on and off by default. If I'd known that, I would have gone with another tuner.

I think if you contact them and explain that they will take care of it you for no charge based on all the customer service stories I've read.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
I know it says there’s a fee for this but I’ve had features added retroactively to my base tune. Just explain what’s up. Whenever I turn off factory TC, I set the Cobb to Slot 6 same time.
Also, I don’t find that I get slip at this setting, but I don’t get hard ignition cuts like I did with it set on 3. The power stays smooth and traction is there, leaving the line feels faster but could be mind games. They are finally opening the strip for TnT this week, hoping to get out and try LC and test the different parameters in the TC and LC see what happens to 60ft times.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3

The limitations are just how it works with the Cobb implementation. They didn't purposely make it unable to be on or off by default.

I think they could provide more info about it though on the product page. I wish there was an option to have Cobb TC but off by default. The OTS maps are this way, but they completely disable it it seems if you dont select the options.

I'm in the same boat, I want to try it out but I don't know how I will like it or or what setting I will like etc. No easy way around it I don't think sadly. Simple feature change should be like 25 bucks IMO.