GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
A birdy tells me that Cobb is working on Audi release at this time ;)

Go on please. I asked them a couple months ago and they said no plans. Seems like they are so similar it wouldn't be *that* much work to port over, I hope it's true! I'd have to eat the costs of what I've paid so far in tunes, but oh well.

edrex

Ready to race!
I thought that California doesn't test until the car is six years old. Do they test yearly after that?
i think it’s 8 years from new and then every 2 years

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Go on please. I asked them a couple months ago and they said no plans. Seems like they are so similar it wouldn't be *that* much work to port over, I hope it's true! I'd have to eat the costs of what I've paid so far in tunes, but oh well.

"Currently testing for Audi A3/S3 and Jetta as well as MK7.5 DSG"

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Hey Ed. I sent Patrick an email about updating my file to fix the second o2 sensor issue being unplugged and he directed me to a page to order a file update for 75 bucks. Is this correct?

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Hey Ed. I sent Patrick an email about updating my file to fix the second o2 sensor issue being unplugged and he directed me to a page to order a file update for 75 bucks. Is this correct?

No sorry about that. If you just want the O2 stuff disabled in your current map, e-mail your map to me with the request. If you want the latest version of your OTS tune (including the O2 disable), use the $25 update option on the site. The $75 fee is for changing special feature options on an existing OTS tune.

Thanks
— Ed

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
A birdy tells me that Cobb is working on Audi release at this time ;)
This is heaven. I'm not sure if it'll be worth the switch from eurodyne to cobb. I'd have to be convinced

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Eating the money you paid for ED sucks. For me Cobb offers a way better data view and logging setup, more ecu params to monitor and ecu tables allowing a better tune. Especially if you're running E85 and trying to push DI fuel system limits. Im not super happy with dsg tune in ED...Cobb I can have it tweaked to my desires. You can also sell AP when done to recoupe some money when it's all said and done. The ED boost/timing/eth sliders are neat but not as good as getting a proper separate E30 tune or whatever which is done by all Cobb e tuners for a modest price.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Eating the money you paid for ED sucks. For me Cobb offers a way better data view and logging setup, more ecu params to monitor and ecu tables allowing a better tune. Especially if you're running E85 and trying to push DI fuel system limits. Im not super happy with dsg tune in ED...Cobb I can have it tweaked to my desires. You can also sell AP when done to recoupe some money when it's all said and done. The ED boost/timing/eth sliders are neat but not as good as getting a proper separate E30 tune or whatever which is done by all Cobb e tuners for a modest price.
Those are all solid reasons to switch I'm just thinking a little stingy. The dsg tune alone is enough reason to switch. The eurodyne stg 3 file isnt terrible but I have a problem with 1st to 2nd shift doing a double up shift. Cobb dsg tunes from ed seem to be where it's at. I'm fine using eurodyne to log cause it's what I'm used to I guess

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Today we had a 2015 Golf R come in for a tune. This car has an intake, catted downpipe, HPFP, and NGK spark plugs. Otherwise the car is stock. I started by running a baseline using our EQT 91 Octane Stage 2 OTS map. The map worked very well and provided the expected power given the minimal mods and 91 Octane. The baseline pull is displayed in black.

Then I spent a couple hours doing a custom tune on 91 Octane and we were able to pick up about 25whp. This is displayed in green. Note that the customer asked for a fairly aggressive tune, otherwise the gains would be closer to 10-15whp over our OTS map.

Finally, we drained the tank, filled it with E85, and performed the final E85 tune. This is displayed in blue. The car did well all around, especially considering its still on the stock intercooler. We rarely tune basic setup cars in house, so it was nice to be able to show how our base tunes perform and what's possible with custom tuning as well.

jorge_15golfr.png

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
What kind of numbers can you expect for a stage 1 93 oct tune for a golf r? I did a little bit of searching but didn't see it anywhere.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
What kind of numbers can you expect for a stage 1 93 oct tune for a golf r? I did a little bit of searching but didn't see it anywhere.

Here ya go. Credit goes to Cliff P for putting the FAQ list together over on the EQT Facebook page...

Screen Shot 2019-11-28 at 11.20.53 PM.png

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Here ya go. Credit goes to Cliff P for putting the FAQ list together over on the EQT Facebook page...

Got it. Thanks, and request sent.