GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Tyler230

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Thanks for digging that up. So if the LPFP duty cycle is the same for both fuels then LPFP longevity on ethanol shouldn't be any worse than 93 if I'm understanding correctly.

Edit - I do see the rail pressure on that E85 log is not keeping up with the setpoint above like 4800rpm, but we don't know everything about the car I suppose.

Last edited:

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Thanks for digging that up. So if the LPFP duty cycle is the same for both fuels then LPFP longevity on ethanol shouldn't be any worse than 93 if I'm understanding correctly.

Edit - I do see the rail pressure on that E85 log is not keeping up with the setpoint above like 4800rpm, but we don't know everything about the car I suppose.
it's a staged tune without closed loop lpfp duty, any issues with the car aren't changing what they run for lpfp d/c.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
The LPFP is being run all out on pretty much all staged tunes for stock LPFP. We haven't seen any issues with longevity.

-- Ed

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Morning everyone! We have a few tidbits of news to share with everyone.

First, We are currently having a Back to Spool sales event, and AccessPorts are currently on sale, with up to $200 off depending on the AP purchased. In addition, our staged tunes are always discounted with the purchase of AccessPorts, so you could save $300 when bundling an ECM/TCM tune with a DSG unlocked AP for an MQB 4cyl vehicle!

369981509_709145087893453_1148765072398946908_n.jpg

What's better than that, you ask? New LOWER prices on our Brushless LPFP!

We have been working behind the scenes to improve our supply chain of EQT Brushless LPFP’s and have some great news to share. After negotiation and extensive testing, we have secured a sizeable order of EQT Brushless LPFP’s. This means that we will have the product in stock consistently, and best of all, we were able to reduce costs and pass on the savings to our customers!

The new price for the standard EQT Brushless LPFP is $899, which makes it one of the most affordable effective LPFP solutions on the market, significantly cheaper than any other brushless option or any brushed/walbro option with the required upgraded controller.

The new supply of pumps will be ready to start shipping in approximately 2 weeks as we finish assembling a new batch of harnesses. Any orders placed will be on a pre-order queue, and fulfilled as soon as possible.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Just placed my Vortex order today and was surprised to see the Cobb and sensors ship 2 hours later! My question is will the Cobb come loaded with the base file if I chose to be tuned through you? Also I'm having a shop install the turbo once it arrives so I assume load the base file and I'm good to drive the car until my remote tuning date.
You can drive around on the base file just fine. If it were me I would be easy on it until remote tune day.

UtahMK7.5

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7.5 R
You can drive around on the base file just fine. If it were me I would be easy on it until remote tune day.
Thank you, just got the base file the other day. All I need now is the tmd and pipe kit from EQT and a couple other pieces and she will be ready to go! I'm going to send EQT the logs they requested in the email, park my car, and steal my wife's car for the time until tuning is complete lol

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Thank you, just got the base file the other day. All I need now is the tmd and pipe kit from EQT and a couple other pieces and she will be ready to go! I'm going to send EQT the logs they requested in the email, park my car, and steal my wife's car for the time until tuning is complete lol
I’m probably out of the loop but does the eqt discharge kit fit on the dq381 cars now?

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Quick question, I have Auto Up-Shift & Kick-Down in Manual Mode disabled in my tune, but it doesn’t seem to always work. Sometimes it shifts on its own sometimes it doesn’t, am I missing something?

Tyler230

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I see EQT now offers a low pressure fuel sensor kit. I'm sure it will come in handy for those wanting to run full E85 at the limits of the LPFP and HPFP. I'm curious if this new parameter is just for observational use or do the OTS and custom tunes actually look at that parameter for a closed-loop response.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
I see EQT now offers a low pressure fuel sensor kit. I'm sure it will come in handy for those wanting to run full E85 at the limits of the LPFP and HPFP. I'm curious if this new parameter is just for observational use or do the OTS and custom tunes actually look at that parameter for a closed-loop response.
Its primary use is observational for those without MPI.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Hoping someone from EQT can clarify this for me. Currently on tune version 2.51 on my '19 GTI. Is there any benefit for me to update to version 2.54? (With the assumption that version 2.62 does not apply to my car)

Also, I could not find a change log for the DSG tune. Has there been any new revisions since version 2.0?

Lastly, if I was to request the update to version 2.54, would it be possible to also request a feature change in one package? Would that require purchasing both the $25 update and the $75 option change? Or would the $75 option change already include the update as well?

Last edited:

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Hoping someone from EQT can clarify this for me. Currently on tune version 2.51 on my '19 GTI. Is there any benefit for me to update to version 2.54? (With the assumption that version 2.62 does not apply to my car)

Also, I could not find a change log for the DSG tune. Has there been any new revisions since version 2.0?

Lastly, if I was to request the update to version 2.54, would it be possible to also request a feature change in one package? Would that require purchasing both the $25 update and the $75 option change? Or would the $75 option change already include the update as well?
$75 option change would include the latest revision we offer as the base, and any option you choose to change. DSG revision depends on the box code; we do not have them as uniform as we would like, but it's being worked. 2.54 does include some refinement vs. 2.51.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
$75 option change would include the latest revision we offer as the base, and any option you choose to change. DSG revision depends on the box code; we do not have them as uniform as we would like, but it's being worked. 2.54 does include some refinement vs. 2.51.
Thanks Cliff. One more question. For a DSG change (I just want to turn back on the auto upshift again), do I have to get the $75 for this?