GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Hi Ed, curious to know since IE has rolling anti-lag feature now, are you going to offer this as wel
That would be up to Cobb, but there are no plans for it. It’s a feature I don’t recommend to my customers even on platforms that do support it like GTR and Supra.

— Ed

dlaunde

Passed Driver's Ed
@Ed @ EQT Is there plans to make a separate Stage 1 vs, Stage 2 DSG file for the 7spd (DQ381) similar to the 6spd tunes? If not, is it beneficial to do a custom DSG tune for WOT shift points tailored to Stage 2 or is the performance gain minimal?

Wastegate13

Autocross Newbie
@Ed @ EQT Is there plans to make a separate Stage 1 vs, Stage 2 DSG file for the 7spd (DQ381) similar to the 6spd tunes? If not, is it beneficial to do a custom DSG tune for WOT shift points tailored to Stage 2 or is the performance gain minimal?
When you order you can report what mods and turbo you’re running.

dlaunde

Passed Driver's Ed
When you order you can report what mods and turbo you’re running.
Yes but if you have a 7spd you still only get one file whether running Stage 1 or Stage 2 ECU Tune.
Whereas the 6spd DSG's got an updated DSG tune that has slightly optimized shift points dependent on if running Stage 1 or 2 (per the V2.5 update notes)

Wastegate13

Autocross Newbie
Yes but if you have a 7spd you still only get one file whether running Stage 1 or Stage 2 ECU Tune.
Whereas the 6spd DSG's got an updated DSG tune that has slightly optimized shift points dependent on if running Stage 1 or 2 (per the V2.5 update notes)
Looking at the order form it’s the same no matter which year car you choose.

dlaunde

Passed Driver's Ed
Looking at the order form it’s the same no matter which year car you choose.
But the file they actually send you once you provide your TCU ID is not. Since I have the MQ381 DSG, I was sent a file that under it's AP description says "Stage 1/2" and when I followed up with EQT they told me the 7spd DSG's only have one tune file that covers both Stage 1 and 2.

Whereas the 6spd DSG's have a separate Stage 1 and 2 file for slightly different WOT shift points.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
There will be one eventually, but the shift points are really not much different between stage 1 and 2.

Wastegate13

Autocross Newbie
There will be one eventually, but the shift points are really not much different between stage 1 and 2.
Is there a difference if you choose stage 3 and vortex as your turbo?

EDIT: maybe? My file name says stage 3

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Is there a difference if you choose stage 3 and vortex as your turbo?

EDIT: maybe? My file name says stage 3
Yes stage 3 files have significant differences besides just WOT shift points.

dlaunde

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks! That's what I was gathering but wasn't positive (regarding shift points). I did place a custom tune order for my current DSG file to max out LC RPM's at 3500...found it gave me the best times (4000rpm actually spun the wheels a little for the first time ever)

Nineeightyone

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI 04 JSW 10 MZ3
General question for anyone with experience -- If I ordered my AP and OTS tune from EQT at the same time (woohoo boost season sale!), do I need to load the tune on the AP once it arrives/will they email me an OTS file? Or should the file be pre-loaded on the AP? How can/should I tell the difference? Hoping to flash tonight, assuming I have the tune file, as my AP is slated for delivery today.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
General question for anyone with experience -- If I ordered my AP and OTS tune from EQT at the same time (woohoo boost season sale!), do I need to load the tune on the AP once it arrives/will they email me an OTS file? Or should the file be pre-loaded on the AP? How can/should I tell the difference? Hoping to flash tonight, assuming I have the tune file, as my AP is slated for delivery today.
I think EQT puts it on the Access Port but I'm not positive. I mentioned to you in another thread that you probably haven't seen yet but you need to install the Access Port Manager software on your PC so you can check that the firmware is up to date on the Access Port. You'll need it on your PC anyway if you order other tunes in the future plus Cobb is constantly updating the firmware.

Nineeightyone

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI 04 JSW 10 MZ3
I think EQT puts it on the Access Port but I'm not positive. I mentioned to you in another thread that you probably haven't seen yet but you need to install the Access Port Manager software on your PC so you can check that the firmware is up to date on the Access Port. You'll need it on your PC anyway if you order other tunes in the future plus Cobb is constantly updating the firmware.
Thanks, yeah I saw that. I apologize (across the board) for being annoying with the questions, I'm just suuuuper amped about the flash and want to be sure I'm prepared.

I've never done anything with the AccessPort before, I've used the OrangeVirus tune with their hardware but on my VWs it's always been tuned via a dealer. But it sounds like it should be pretty straightforward. Very much looking forward to it, my battery charger is ready and hopefully it'll go smoothly.