GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
It's pretty common to use a little more conservative tune for a track car than a daily driver. I'm not sure what the controversy is.

And also love to hear Ed's thoughts on whether it's OK to run 91 octane with his 93 Oct tunes. Or any actual tuner for matter. I've yet to meet a tuner that gives the ok to run 91 Oct on a 93 Oct tune, as the other poster is proposing.
I'm positive Ed would say to not run lower octane than you were tuned for.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I'm running a 93 tune, but I put 94 in it. God bless Petro. Ya'll in the states don't have this wonder juice. But you do have Riley Reid so.... I guess it works out.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
Posted this on their FB page as well, but is this normal? Brand new Vortex just delivered, looks like the "cap" on the turbine wheel was machined down during manufacturing. My non-intelligent person thought is that it would cause issues with balance while spinning at high rpms, but no idea...

20211015_120606.jpg

20211015_120614.jpg

20211015_120620.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
I haven't had Facebook in over 2 years now, its been wonderful. I strongly recommend it.

I never had it, up until maybe 2 months ago. I created an account specifically to join a few VW\GTI groups. Have zero friends (even declined my wife's friend request) just because I don't want to see everybody's personal shit. Account is only to browse car groups lol.

Cliff p.

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Aloha :) We do our best to try and keep the riffraff to a minimum in our group on Facebook. If you think it's bad there, you should see many of the other groups.

As always, if you see anything that is in poor taste, we ask that people report it so that we can take action.

-C