GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

rustywoodstone

Passed Driver's Ed
I started out with a Stratified pro tune for my dsg and Ecu. I bricked my dsg computer. The Ecu and the dsg have different brains if you will. I bricked the dsg once by knocking out the cable while flashing the dsg. (Current dsg Id isn’tthe one that came on the car)
From my experiences with the Cobb ap. Once you upload a file to either system it’s writing over whatever’s been programmed before.
I’m very happy both my eqt (dsg/Ecu) files. I really should have done this months ago. I now of course want to go stage two. Just don’t know if I can and still pass NJ inspection yet?

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Ed knows his stuff. I think he just probably misspoke when he said it that way. You could call or email Cobb for a definitive answer. It makes sense though that it can just be flashed over because if it didn't have a trans tune now you would just be flashing over the stock DSG tune so it wouldn't be any different for another DSG tune.
Cobb's official recommendation is that the ECU should be returned to stock before installing the AP. Many customers have ignored that and have successfully flashed over other tunes like APR, Uni, etc. That's the information and customers can do with it what they will.

Thanks
-- Ed

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Cobb's official recommendation is that the ECU should be returned to stock before installing the AP. Many customers have ignored that and have successfully flashed over other tunes like APR, Uni, etc. That's the information and customers can do with it what they will.

Thanks
-- Ed
I would rather pay Uni the $150 for the cable so I could flash back, if not but for just peace of mind. Also my luck with shortcuts is not good, so there is that lol.

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Who can I notify regarding no response from a tuner in 2 weeks? Just waiting on a revision. Figured if Nick was MIA or on vacation someone would say that. I don’t have Facebook. It’s not a spam folder issue as I check every day like a maniac just in case. I reached out at the one week and again at 2 week mark.

ShadyMF

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI IS38 6MT
Who can I notify regarding no response from a tuner in 2 weeks? Just waiting on a revision. Figured if Nick was MIA or on vacation someone would say that. I don’t have Facebook. It’s not a spam folder issue as I check every day like a maniac just in case. I reached out at the one week and again at 2 week mark.

Can email more than once in a week or try calling them directly. They have their number list on the website.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Email Ed directly at @Ed @ EQT
Can email more than once in a week or try calling them directly. They have their number list on the website.
Good luck getting them on the phone.
I screwed up the multi quote so click on expand for Ed's email address.

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI

I don’t want to be that guy.

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I had an issue once where their emails weren't showing up anywhere too. They had sent me the tune very quickly, but it never showed up in my inbox or my spam. For whatever reason Patricks emails never got to me, but Daves emails were coming through so he sent me a direct download for my tune.

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Last edited:

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Ok need some advice. I’ve been running the Cobb sport dsg tune ever since the dsg unlock became available and it worked great on my stage 2 file. On my vortex now and my dbv2 before it blew up it would have harsh shifts in D with more than moderate throttle. I logged this a few times and had my tuner look at it and he didn’t think it was something on the ecu side. I’m ready to order the eqt dsg file to match my vortex but there are some other options on the menu and I want to be sure I order the right thing. Mods in my sig but basically intake/dp/fmic/mpi/standard vortex on a stock motor. This is my forever setup outside of small things like maybe mounts or Apr coils when I need a new one.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Ok need some advice. I’ve been running the Cobb sport dsg tune ever since the dsg unlock became available and it worked great on my stage 2 file. On my vortex now and my dbv2 before it blew up it would have harsh shifts in D with more than moderate throttle. I logged this a few times and had my tuner look at it and he didn’t think it was something on the ecu side. I’m ready to order the eqt dsg file to match my vortex but there are some other options on the menu and I want to be sure I order the right thing. Mods in my sig but basically intake/dp/fmic/mpi/standard vortex on a stock motor. This is my forever setup outside of small things like maybe mounts or Apr coils when I need a new one.
Definitely get the EQT DSG tune. I tried Cobb first obviously and switched to EQT and it's way better than Cobb's DSG tune.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Can I run the Autotech HPFP on my OTS EQT Stage 2 tune without causing issues? I know I wouldn't get any "benefit" from it, but with plans to upgrade the turbo this fall (and a custom tune at that point), I'm looking at starting my shopping soon. Wouldn't mind putting on the HPFP before the turbo just to make sure it's working properly and I didn't mess up the install. But don't want to do that if it will mess with the tune or not run properly.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Can I run the Autotech HPFP on my OTS EQT Stage 2 tune without causing issues? I know I wouldn't get any "benefit" from it, but with plans to upgrade the turbo this fall (and a custom tune at that point), I'm looking at starting my shopping soon. Wouldn't mind putting on the HPFP before the turbo just to make sure it's working properly and I didn't mess up the install. But don't want to do that if it will mess with the tune or not run properly.
Ask EQT. I'm pretty sure the tune has to be for the HPFP but I haven't used an OTS tune from EQT. Only custom and whether you have a HPFP is one of the questions they ask for tuning it.