GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I'm still in the process of custom tuning my is38 GTI with Nick @ EQT and all is going well. Nick has been responsive and the car feels great. If posting logs before the tune is complete is frowned upon, just let me know and I'll delete it, but I did have a question about my latest 2nd to 4th gear pull.

In 2nd gear between 2.63-3.74 seconds and 6100RPM - 6400RPM, the RPM’s and relative manifold pressure bounce around a bit and don’t continuously climb. What's happening here?

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 3.22.56 PM.png

Last edited:

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
not the smooth part, the delta part. it doesnt do that in 3rd? at that rpm?
It does not. 3rd and 4th are smooth, it's just 2nd that goes up and down for a second or so before climbing again at 6300 @ 3.84 seconds in the log.

Daily Driver

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Question: if your Vortex Turbo needs to be replaced, does EQT cover the shops labor charge for Replacing the Turbo? Or EQT will only cover Vortex turbo, not install costs?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
I'm still in the process of custom tuning my is38 GTI with Nick @ EQT and all is going well. Nick has been responsive and the car feels great. If posting logs before the tune is complete is frowned upon, just let me know and I'll delete it, but I did have a question about my latest 2nd to 4th gear pull.

In 2nd gear between 2.63-3.74 seconds and 6100RPM - 6400RPM, the RPM’s and relative manifold pressure bounce around a bit and don’t continuously climb. What's happening here?

Here's the log.
View attachment 224780
That looks like loss of traction

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
That looks like loss of traction
You might be right... I think there's an expansion joint and bridge that comes up quickly at the start of the run. Dang it! I wonder if this is still a usable log for Nick?

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor

Here's the log.
View attachment 224780
Loss of traction for sure.