GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf R 6MT
Grabbed a log of 3rd gear on the E85 OTS tune with E75 in tank. Not an expert but interesting to see the upgraded hpfp still maxed up top. Too bad we can't see lpfp. Timing reaches 18.5! Had a fully supported Vortex XL setup on previous car so this isn't on that level. However, power delivery is smooth and boost taper isn't as noticeable as I expected. I may try the E30 map as a more daily friendly option lol.

https://datazap.me/u/dubstro/mk75-r-eqt-stg-2-e85-ots-3-gear-6-28-21?log=0&data=15-19-34

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Grabbed a log of 3rd gear on the E85 OTS tune with E75 in tank. Not an expert but interesting to see the upgraded hpfp still maxed up top. Too bad we can't see lpfp. Timing reaches 18.5! Had a fully supported Vortex XL setup on previous car so this isn't on that level. However, power delivery is smooth and boost taper isn't as noticeable as I expected. I may try the E30 map as a more daily friendly option lol.

https://datazap.me/u/dubstro/mk75-r-eqt-stg-2-e85-ots-3-gear-6-28-21?log=0&data=15-19-34
You *could* a LPFP inline to the rubber fuel hoses in the engine bay to monitor lowside pressure :)

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor

Log looks great overall. The HPFP being maxed out up top is normal... pressure is still holding over 3200psi.

I do see your car is running a touch richer up top than target. Recommend disconnecting the rear O2 sensor and reflashing again to get rid of the trim learning.

-- Ed

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf R 6MT
Thanks Ed. I unplugged the rear O2 but didn't reflash. Will do that.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Log looks great overall. The HPFP being maxed out up top is normal... pressure is still holding over 3200psi.

I do see your car is running a touch richer up top than target. Recommend disconnecting the rear O2 sensor and reflashing again to get rid of the trim learning.

-- Ed
Question on this for Ed or anyone else with the answer, there is still going to be a soft code (P0036 I think) for the rear o2 being disconnected correct? I unplugged mine a few weeks back after getting a P0272 cat code but I still show a soft code.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Question on this for Ed or anyone else with the answer, there is still going to be a soft code (P0036 I think) for the rear o2 being disconnected correct? I unplugged mine a few weeks back after getting a P0272 cat code but I still show a soft code.
Yes. Code remains. CEL gone.

Mk7gtifl

Ready to race!

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf R 6MT
Here is a log at E64, I am trying to keep it in the low E side for better fuel efficiency, I am getting over 20mpg, autotech hpfp working just fine.
Did you post a log? Not showing up for me.

Mk7gtifl

Ready to race!

steinfeld

Passed Driver's Ed
Stage 1 ECU/DSG. For OEM LC, are you suppose to not floor it all the way to the kickdown click? I’ve been getting hard BANG shifts from first to second – am I doing something wrong? I had the same problem when stock.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Stage 1 ECU/DSG. For OEM LC, are you suppose to not floor it all the way to the kickdown click? I’ve been getting hard BANG shifts from first to second – am I doing something wrong? I had the same problem when stock.
That's due to the stock drivetrain mounts being soft. There are a few other things that contribute to it, but the mounts are the main reason. And to answer your first question, the brake and accelerator should be fully pressed and in that order to activate the OEM launch control.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Finally got around to switching to the most recent stg1 v2.52.

Feels just like v2.0, but more consistent, even in 92 degree heat today.

I'm digging it.