GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Question on this for Ed or anyone else with the answer, there is still going to be a soft code (P0036 I think) for the rear o2 being disconnected correct? I unplugged mine a few weeks back after getting a P0272 cat code but I still show a soft code.
Yes. Code remains. CEL gone.

Mk7gtifl

Ready to race!

Mk7gtifl

Ready to race!

steinfeld

Passed Driver's Ed
Stage 1 ECU/DSG. For OEM LC, are you suppose to not floor it all the way to the kickdown click? I’ve been getting hard BANG shifts from first to second – am I doing something wrong? I had the same problem when stock.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
Stage 1 ECU/DSG. For OEM LC, are you suppose to not floor it all the way to the kickdown click? I’ve been getting hard BANG shifts from first to second – am I doing something wrong? I had the same problem when stock.
That's due to the stock drivetrain mounts being soft. There are a few other things that contribute to it, but the mounts are the main reason. And to answer your first question, the brake and accelerator should be fully pressed and in that order to activate the OEM launch control.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Finally got around to switching to the most recent stg1 v2.52.

Feels just like v2.0, but more consistent, even in 92 degree heat today.

I'm digging it.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
It is best to avoid the kickdown in my experience.

chuncomunco

Passed Driver's Ed
How long does it take to get a OTS DSG tune from EQT?

Is there a special process on their end that needs to be done to have the tune ready?

Just comparing past experience, the Uni DSG tune is available next day.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
How long does it take to get a OTS DSG tune from EQT?

Is there a special process on their end that needs to be done to have the tune ready?

Just comparing past experience, the Uni DSG tune is available next day.
It depends on how busy they are but generally a few days. No special process the tune is ready.