GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Papercuts2

Ready to race!
I’m aiming to be at the least 400hp and max 450hp but reliably since it’s for the long run.
I also ride my motorcycle often so the car will be driven about 3 days a week.
For tuning. What is the consensus with this set up.
Had a bad experience with the bmw and it took some of the fun away as it became very expensive to get it just right
Thank you everyone for the responses!
Very helpful!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I’m aiming to be at the least 400hp and max 450hp but reliably since it’s for the long run.
Had a bad experience with the bmw and it took some of the fun away as it became very expensive to get it just right
Very helpful!
The consensus in the forum for a while now is EQT. I have their remote dyno tune and am extremely happy. They fixed the problems I had with my tune from a different Cobb tuner.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Very helpful!
If that's your goal I would recommend the standard Vortex and an EQT tune.

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Stage 2 GTI's running 93 and e30 maps. Is an HPFP upgrade necessary? I see the new revisions have that option

ladringan320

Ready to race!
Car(s)
me?
Full e85 tune, EQT XL... What DV/BOV would you guys recommend to use for 30+ PSI? Currently installed GFB DV+. Have had it on for 4 years now. No problems, but wondering if there is a better option than the DV+.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Full e85 tune, EQT XL... What DV/BOV would you guys recommend to use for 30+ PSI? Currently installed GFB DV+. Have had it on for 4 years now. No problems, but wondering if there is a better option than the DV+.

Yeah, the better option is what Diggs said, the stock one.