GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

impulsive.ca

Autocross Newbie
I play a game in the off season where I try to get good gas mileage. Comparing the R to the '10 Sti I once had, the R can be quite efficient.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I play a game in the off season where I try to get good gas mileage. Comparing the R to the '10 Sti I once had, the R can be quite efficient.
If the EQT DSG does make any changes in Eco mode I'm not sure it would really help fuel mileage. Driving that conservatively I don't think it would matter.

zucchinies

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 A3
I can't seem to get a reply from eqt... Ordered their OTS stg1 93 tune yesterday and got nothing except saying I'll get the tune file "shortly".

Anyway, for their dsg tune, is eco mode affacted or just D/S modes?

Again, I've asked them this question and am not getting a reply.

Thoughts?
Took mine a few days and I got it at midnight. Patience. Ordered it last week around Friday received last night at around midnight.

fuelforfire87

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 VW Golf R
My thought is why would you ever use Eco mode? 😂 I can tell you their DSG tune is fantastic.

Correct, lol +1 on the DSG tune. Is the Eco mode only available on the mk7.5's? Didnt realize there was such a thing

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Any 2019 DSG GTI's with the 2.51 revision? Running 2.50 now, and not sure it's worth the update yet. To me, the car runs fine. However, lower oil and coolant temps sound good.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
I have the 2.51 version. What's your question?

Did you notice a difference between 2.50 and 2.51? I just want to know if it's worth the $ to update. That's all.

Ghost GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Did you notice a difference between 2.50 and 2.51? I just want to know if it's worth the $ to update. That's all.
Not one person has said a bad thing about it. So you're gonna have to fork over the 25 bucks and try it yourself. Updates are always improvements (he's not just changing it because he wanted to change the feel of the tune), so in that sense, update it and if you dislike it so much to the point you don't want to take advantage of the fixes, you can roll back.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
I can't seem to get a reply from eqt... Ordered their OTS stg1 93 tune yesterday and got nothing except saying I'll get the tune file "shortly".

Anyway, for their dsg tune, is eco mode affacted or just D/S modes?

Again, I've asked them this question and am not getting a reply.

Thoughts?
Eco mode remains close to factory.

-- Ed

Papercuts2

Passed Driver's Ed
Ed,
I’m getting a stage 3 build from Pagparts for my GTI and am interested on your turbo and tunes. From your experience what would you recommend for the turbo size and tunes? I already have all the usual bolt on parts for this project.
I’m looking for reliability and it’s a daily.
I’ll be using 93 oct and would like to avoid changing the fuel system.

CaptainRatty

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Ed,
I’m getting a stage 3 build from Pagparts for my GTI and am interested on your turbo and tunes. From your experience what would you recommend for the turbo size and tunes? I already have all the usual bolt on parts for this project.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Ed will tune a Vortex car without at least a HPFP.

Wastegate13

Drag Racing Champion
Ed,

So you’re building the motor to stay stock fuel and on 93?