GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Good Morning Ed, I currently have a manual MK7 R with the Unitronic Stage 2 flash and at the moment, the only thing limiting me from going further is my Sachs Performance Clutch, which is rated for 550+Nm. I would really like to get the torque up closer to the 550nm limit, without going over so I don't have to replace the clutch. Is this something EQT can provide?
That's 369lb ft ofttorque and yes he can do that but it probably requires a custom tune. Did you check the EQT website to see how much torque their stage 2 tune as an OTS tune produceso on an R?

RapGameBlueberryWaffle

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
That's 369lb ft ofttorque and yes he can do that but it probably requires a custom tune. Did you check the EQT website to see how much torque their stage 2 tune as an OTS tune produceso on an R?
I did check it out thank you. The torque is a little too high for my clutch which is why I wanted to ask. I really want to hit that 400ft lb mark without risking the clutch.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I did check it out thank you. The torque is a little too high for my clutch which is why I wanted to ask. I really want to hit that 400ft lb mark without risking the clutch.
If you are using the stock clutch you should upgrade. The stock clutch isn't going to hold up at 400 lb ft.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Good Morning Ed, I currently have a manual MK7 R with the Unitronic Stage 2 flash and at the moment, the only thing limiting me from going further is my Sachs Performance Clutch, which is rated for 550+Nm. I would really like to get the torque up closer to the 550nm limit, without going over so I don't have to replace the clutch. Is this something EQT can provide?
It really should hold the torque on our stage 2 maps.
— Ed

fuelforfire87

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE
So I saw the facebook group announcement about the new tune files. If you opt for the option with the Autotech HPFP are you able to switch between the stock HPFP and and the Autotech through options on the Accessport? I saw someone on facebook asking a similar question. Or do you have to order 2 separate tune files, one for the stock HPFP and one for the Autotech?

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
It would be a completely different tune file. similar to a 91 vs E30 file etc.

You could order one tune file, then buy a "tune change" for $75. and you'd have the 2 files for when you upgrade the hpfp

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Do you know how much hp and torque you're getting with your Stage 2 93 octane?
Enough to run 7.76@91 in the 1/8 mile with a hot car and a crappy 1.8 60’. On the older file anyway. I haven’t ordered the 2.51 version. Probably will to hold me over before all my new parts go on next month.