GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-tune journey.....

mindonmatter

Ready to race!
I thought I'd start a thread to share my EQT e-tune journey. I have a 2019 with 2,000 miles on odo. IE downpipe, twintercooler, RS7 plugs and modified stock airbox.

6/6/19: Recieved Cobb and e-tune. Installed and tested Cobb OTS. Everything ran fine. I found out I'm apparently the first 2019 tuned by EQT. The first tune I recieved wouldn't load, didn't match vehicle. Contacted Ed and was sent a new map quickly. He warned me it may take a while to dial in since it's a new rom.

6/7/19: Loaded new map. Car started fine. Idled fine. No errors. The car drove horrible tho. Major power surging. Could feel power surging up and down just holding a steady speed and rpm, and major surging when getting on throttle. I didn't do any WOT, didn't feel right. Logs sent.

6/7/19: Continued: Ed kindly was able to get me a few revisions today. Still issues.

6/24/19: Tested new revision. Still having same issue.

I'm looking forward to the end results, can't wait!!

Stay tuned.....

Last edited:

zinfamous

Go Kart Newbie
6/8/19: Loaded new map. Car started fine. Idled fine. No errors. The car drove horrible tho. Major power surging. Could feel power surging up and down just holding a steady speed and rpm, and major surging when getting on throttle. I didn't do any WOT, didn't feel right. Logs sent.

Dang, this bro is posting from the future!

I guess this tune is a really good idea. (I'm guessing you didn't realize that the weird power surges you were experiencing were from the wormhole that your EQT map opened up?)

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
2019 support is brand new and we didn't realize how different these rom's are. This will definitely be a bit of a learning experience as we work through the new quirks of this ECU. I'm currently looking for a local 2019 car to do some R&D on to speed things along.

Thanks
-- Ed

mindonmatter

Ready to race!
Thanks for the time you spent on this today Ed. I'm fully confident you will violate this 2019 rom soon.;)

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Good luck, have fun, and don't get caught!

I wrapped up my E40 e-tune with Ed a couple of weeks ago on my 2017 GTI (dyno in the EQT Q&A thread). I've been logging since my JB4 days, but I still can't keep my heart rate at bay when I'm out logging.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

mindonmatter

Ready to race!
Good luck, have fun, and don't get caught!

I wrapped up my E40 e-tune with Ed a couple of weeks ago on my 2017 GTI (dyno in the EQT Q&A thread). I've been logging since my JB4 days, but I still can't keep my heart rate at bay when I'm out logging.
Luckily I live close to Mexico. Still gets the adrenaline going tho.

Grats on the tune!

GTI_Joe1

Ready to race!
I went with Stratified. So far I've sent them initial OTS logs about 2 weeks ago. They reached out last Friday to let me know that they should have my first custom file early this week sometime.

mindonmatter

Ready to race!
I went with Stratified. So far I've sent them initial OTS logs about 2 weeks ago. They reached out last Friday to let me know that they should have my first custom file early this week sometime.

Nice. Hopefully they have it figured out.

mindonmatter

Ready to race!
Well to clarify, I used a Cobb OTS map to send initial logs with. I haven't received a file from Stratified yet.

Ah, I see. I'm using the Cobb OTS too. It'd be nice if Cobb would release the stage 2 tune for the time being. Got all the stage 2 goods along with CEL, but stuck with OTS stage 1 for now.