GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT coilovers - an honest review

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I would think only offset could affect it since the camber adjusts at the tower would mimic the angle you change, but someone with more knowledge would know that better
Gotcha. Thnx. The gti’s macpherson (spelling?) front is a mystery to me.

oh spacers, spacers will definitely mess with scrub radius. Just thought of that.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I would think only offset could affect it since the camber adjusts at the tower would mimic the angle you change, but someone with more knowledge would know that better
lol...and that person is not me. Thanks for chiming in AJ!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Before and after alignment..... massive change
B30B36F9-4C63-454D-A577-78FBDDBE33E8.jpeg

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Why did your rear camber remained the same?
it was a lazy tech or one not familiar with this platform and they didn’t know or want to adjust the hidden eccentric on the upper bolt of the top arm... they only adjusted the lower arms eccentric.

Also looks like thier machine couldn’t read or they didn’t calibrate for the caster reading up front.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Why did your rear camber remained the same?

it was a lazy tech or one not familiar with this platform and they didn’t know or want to adjust the hidden eccentric on the upper bolt of the top arm... they only adjusted the lower arms eccentric.

Also looks like thier machine couldn’t read or they didn’t calibrate for the caster reading up front.
Funny you say that. The tech was a dealer tech and actually has a MK7 GTI on air and told me he didn’t adjust the rear anymore because he noticed they were already wear lines on the tire and didn’t want me to hit the wheel well any worse.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Not trying to hijack the thread, but I just had an alignment done as well after coilover install. How does this look?
Looks decent but idk why you would want more camber in the rear. I run the same rear camber but I also have -3 degrees up front

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Thanks for this post. Been on the fence about getting springs or coilovers. Living in NY, the roads are rough asf and wouldn't want to drop too low to keep the ride nimble but still comfortable. This set is definitely something I may consider down the road.