GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eqt burble tune

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I get that. It’s just that here, in Toronto, where everything is asphalt and 90 degrees, it doesn’t make much sense; and they’re not cheap those things. But I’d love to beat the shit out of it on some dirt roads one day. I also heard that they blow up easily.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I get that. It’s just that here, in Toronto, where everything is asphalt and 90 degrees, it doesn’t make much sense; and they’re not cheap those things. But I’d love to beat the shit out of it on some dirt roads one day. I also heard that they blow up easily.
Earlier ej25’s had terrible pistons. Their design was super flawed. Eventually Subaru did was Porsche did. Who would’ve guessed that would’ve worked. LOL.

It’s not uncommon to hear of sti’s that swapped in built motors, fa20’s or fa24’s

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
I bought the burble tune expecting just that, burbles. That means some nice gurgles and pops when decelerating. Instead I got the most obnoxious cartel vs homeland security shootout sounding exhaust cracks and bangs I have ever heard. Everyone I spoke to about it laughed and said EQT's burbles are tame and quiet, even with a full exhaust (which I have). They are FAR from quiet and tame. I updated my tune and had them remove it.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I bought the burble tune expecting just that, burbles. That means some nice gurgles and pops when decelerating. Instead I got the most obnoxious cartel vs homeland security shootout sounding exhaust cracks and bangs I have ever heard. Everyone I spoke to about it laughed and said EQT's burbles are tame and quiet, even with a full exhaust (which I have). They are FAR from quiet and tame. I updated my tune and had them remove it.
Yea, I've seen Eds comments about it and he says most people want aggressive pops so that's how he has them set up. I feel the same though. I would expect burbles to be pretty mild. I also asked about mild burbles and it could be done, but it'd be a custom tune.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
When I switched to sneeky I was surprised how mild the burbles were compared to my old eqt tune. I did request mild burbles with my sneeky tune.

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
I love it when someone with pops and bangs pulls up beside me at a stoplight and then blow them away. I've yet to see an actually fast car with pops and bangs. It's just a look at me thing. They think they're cool and I think they need to grow up.
Pot calling kettle black...you say they need to grow up and then state you like to blow them away on city streets...

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
U calling Jim a pervert? U ever heard of his service bays?
LOL...no just razzing him for his comment! Hey the way I see it young folks like that shite! It may seem silly to older folks, but young people are into it! The time to do stupid shite is when you are young! Then when you are older you will look back and see how stupid you were! If you make it to be older....

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Pot calling kettle black...you say they need to grow up and then state you like to blow them away on city streets...
There's definitely some truth in that but I'll be damned if I'm going to let them win. Not like we can instantly go to a racetrack. And I understand young kids are into that because they think they have a fast car.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
For what its worth, I have a Unitronic stage 1+ tune and AWE Track catback and the "burbles" are just right with this setup. Its not a pops and bangs tune but it does have a nice throaty burble sound that I'm really happy with. Might not be what youre looking for, but its a tasteful compromise in my opinion