GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eqt burble tune

Sandstorming

Car(s)
2015 DSG GTI w/o PP
The EQT burbles are just that - burbles. Occasionally if I load up the engine just after the variable valve timing kicks in and let up on the throttle it will pop, but otherwise the burbles are fairly quiet. They only do it briefly after letting up on the gas - they don’t go on continuously. EQT’s are NOT like some of the other tuners where it sounds like some kid up the street got ahold of a pack of firecrackers.
I am going with EQT because It has great reviews and I also want the DSG tune. I would be moving over from COBB stage 1 OTS map + Cobb DSG tune. most of what I am seeing/ hearing on youtube EQT burble tune with a DP and cat back kinda sounds like a drive-by. But you never know because those are such loud peaky sound waves and might not be recorded well on camera phones. So that is kind of good to hear. I added a Vibrant resonator on my setup to tame the sound a little more and im curious how the burble tune will sound

ER9240

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
That totally depends on the exhaust set up. On a stock catback with an OEM or aftermarket downpipe, it's definetly a burble, but DP+CBE= gunshot type bubles.
I have a catted HPA downpipe into a CTS catback. I’m full 3” exhaust. It just burbles for me. Gets a little louder when it’s colder out, but that’s not often in AZ.
3DC62239-84DB-4C68-9CC7-A9BA84679C15.jpeg
6DEECB6F-329E-4BDC-ABCF-A6C2096C4211.jpeg
A0CE699A-5C4F-4D8E-B469-8027FADAFCB8.jpeg

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
I am going with EQT because It has great reviews and I also want the DSG tune. I would be moving over from COBB stage 1 OTS map + Cobb DSG tune. most of what I am seeing/ hearing on youtube EQT burble tune with a DP and cat back kinda sounds like a drive-by. But you never know because those are such loud peaky sound waves and might not be recorded well on camera phones. So that is kind of good to hear. I added a Vibrant resonator on my setup to tame the sound a little more and im curious how the burble tune will sound
Ots stage 2 for both me and a friend they sound like a drive by. I wish it was burbles like when cruising in the parking lont

Sandstorming

Car(s)
2015 DSG GTI w/o PP
I have a catted HPA downpipe into a CTS catback. I’m full 3” exhaust. It just burbles for me. Gets a little louder when it’s colder out, but that’s not often in AZ.
View attachment 246459View attachment 246460
View attachment 246461
Damn, nice quad pipes ! I’m gonna go for it and order this morning . Should have it flashed and will update on how it sounds with Cobb turbo back . Thanks

edit: aaaaaand their site is down lol . Soon !

Last edited:

Aphron

CW :)!
The pops and bang or whatever option it is, is annoying as hell to listen to. I appreciate nice exhausts on cars but I’m super happy to not have that on my tune. I’d be embarrassed after hearing it numerous times. At least with eqt “d” is usable so if you hate it on “s” it’s not a huge loss but I feel like it would get extremely annoying, especially for passengers and people who don’t care about cars.

itsjonduhh

Car(s)
2021 GTI S
awesome thanks for confirming. Since it's so granular then I think I might go for Burble Tune on Sport Mode.

I'm assuming that if you are in individual mode with all Sport Settings in your custom mode, it does not apply the Burble? Since technically that is not Sport Mode, it's Individual?
That's my understanding (6MT instead of DSG)... it has to be in proper Sport mode.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I had it programmed for sport mode, which also causes it to burble in the individual/custom mode.

If I had to do it again I would have had it programmed for drive, in the hopes it wouldn't also affect individual/custom.