GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Brushless LPFP Pro!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Wait....what. We're here razzing captain stabbin cause he stopped at an is38. Why'd you have to take it to daughters getting knocked up? We were having a good time, Jon.

Just making an anecdote that sometimes fading into obscurity with an IS38 is sufficient.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Only for those with a mangina.

oldgregg-mangina.gif

MKGolfr

Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
I was a member of BMW and Porsche community for few years, and things were done a bit differently by sponsors on this forums. I know, I'm not in Kansas anymore, but here's what I mean by things are done differently. If a company comes out with a product, and they want their customers to buy into their product, they would offer some kind of discount for members. In turn, members will give an honest opinion of a product, and if it's good than everybody wins. This is the best way to advertise and sell any product. Also, what's the purpose of sponsoring forums if you don't give any discounts to forum members? These enthusiasts keeping companies in business, so as part of the appreciation offer discounts more than once a year. Personally, I only do business with companies that do right by their customers. This is just something to think about for all.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I was a member of BMW and Porsche community for few years, and things were done a bit differently by sponsors on this forums. I know, I'm not in Kansas anymore, but here's what I mean by things are done differently. If a company comes out with a product, and they want their customers to buy into their product, they would offer some kind of discount for members. In turn, members will give an honest opinion of a product, and if it's good than everybody wins. This is the best way to advertise and sell any product. Also, what's the purpose of sponsoring forums if you don't give any discounts to forum members? These enthusiasts keeping companies in business, so as part of the appreciation offer discounts more than once a year. Personally, I only do business with companies that do right by their customers. This is just something to think about for all.
I second this. EQT will never do that because they're too money hungry.

James At EQT

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 RS3 + AWD Mk6
Does this address fuel starvation issues with the normal RS3 brushless pump on FWD vehicles?
This product does not remedy the low fuel starvation issue. The way to remedy that would be with use of a surge tank which we have been developing a somewhat PnP kit with Kyle Gurny (Black cat racing) to be used on track for those really pushing their cars with either High G's from cornering for heavy acceleration on the drag strip. Currently, we don't have a release date for that setup yet.

I second this. EQT will never do that because they're too money hungry.
It's not a matter of money hungry or not, it simply comes down we're a business and we must operate within a set of margins to keep the lights on. The base product used in our regular LPFP, as you all know is an RS3 pump that gets modified. These are GENUINE Audi pumps that get modified, thus they come with Genuine Audi costs which sets the price.

This product is no different, it uses some expensive components even at our cost and in order for us to keep the lights on and pay our staff the price is set accordingly as well as within the constraints of the current market for these products.

Also, the LPFP Pro is designed for those on a large turbo than the majority of the upgrades on the market with the exception of some of the full frame offerings from various companies.

So if any one of you needs a fuel pump solution that moves this volume and is interested in offering up an unbias review then I'm sure we would be willing to work with you, but it's somewhat hard to say it's unbias when you receive the product at a discount or have a relationship with the manufacturer.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
This product does not remedy the low fuel starvation issue. The way to remedy that would be with use of a surge tank which we have been developing a somewhat PnP kit with Kyle Gurny (Black cat racing) to be used on track for those really pushing their cars with either High G's from cornering for heavy acceleration on the drag strip. Currently, we don't have a release date for that setup yet.

It's not a matter of money hungry or not, it simply comes down we're a business and we must operate within a set of margins to keep the lights on. The base product used in our regular LPFP, as you all know is an RS3 pump that gets modified. These are GENUINE Audi pumps that get modified, thus they come with Genuine Audi costs which sets the price.

This product is no different, it uses some expensive components even at our cost and in order for us to keep the lights on and pay our staff the price is set accordingly as well as within the constraints of the current market for these products.

Also, the LPFP Pro is designed for those on a large turbo than the majority of the upgrades on the market with the exception of some of the full frame offerings from various companies.

So if any one of you needs a fuel pump solution that moves this volume and is interested in offering up an unbias review then I'm sure we would be willing to work with you, but it's somewhat hard to say it's unbias when you receive the product at a discount or have a relationship with the manufacturer.
Sure thing Dave, whatever you say...

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti

Just saying the Genuine audi rs3/ttrs pumps aren't really expensive from audi. Cost on them is $314.31. Suggested retail is $523.85 and assuming you're ordering them from a Audi dealership I'm sure you guys get 20% off of suggested retail.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Who cares. They made the pump, they can charge what they want for it. They're making new products for the platform, better for everyone. Don't buy it if you don't want to.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
Who cares. They made the pump, they can charge what they want for it. They're making new products for the platform, better for everyone. Don't buy it if you don't want to.
I'm not complaining one bit just clearly stating the rs3 pump really isnt that expensive. I'm all for them making products and charging what they want its their product.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Just saying the Genuine audi rs3/ttrs pumps aren't really expensive from audi. Cost on them is $314.31. Suggested retail is $523.85 and assuming you're ordering them from a Audi dealership I'm sure you guys get 20% off of suggested retail.

Cost is a bit higher than that. But there's also a lot more that goes into the conversion kit than just the RS3 pump assembly. At our current price for the RS3 pump, its one of our lower margin items. After factoring in all parts and labor costs, we're barely making 15-20% on those. If these could be made significantly cheaper, better believe someone else would be doing that and selling them for less.

Thanks
-- Ed