GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Brushless LPFP Pro!

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Oh.. I've seen some poorly built kits.. Yours isn't one of them. I actually have one of those hack job kits with questionable wiring, the jet pump connector tube wasn't even the right length which made me reinstall the pump like 6 times before I just cut the damn thing. I'd never expect fitment issues like that from your kits. There are guys out there right now that sell exactly your non pro pump kit built like yours though. Good wires and perfect fitment. Good thing you have the Pro now. ;) Better get developing on newer stuff. ;)

We have quite a bit of new stuff in the pipeline!

-- Ed

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
When a competitor released a very similar product, within 24 hours EQT was magically able to drop the price of their product 30%, while being able to still sell them at a level where they are able to run a business and make a profit...

1670439724783.png

Wonder how many other products of theirs they could do the same to? 🙃

Competition is great.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Lol, imagine being upset at a company for making profits. How many of you guys work for free?

Shoutout to @Ed @ EQT for earning his dream cars. Jealousy is a bitch

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
When a competitor released a very similar product, within 24 hours EQT was magically able to drop the price of their product 30%, while being able to still sell them at a level where they are able to run a business and make a profit...

View attachment 267490

Competition is great.
That happens to be one of the highest margin products we have, so we have room to play with pricing to stay competitive.

If you’ll notice, there are cheaper turbo options out there but we have not been able to move that pricing. The same goes for the fuel pumps because our margin is not that large in them.

But yes, competition always forced price efficiency. We’re also always looking to bring our costs down and offer more competitive pricing to customers. .

— Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
And being smart enough to use them as a tax write-off, because R&D!

They’re usually half apart for actual R&D work. I don’t think I’d buy these cars otherwise… would need quite a bit more disposable income.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Perfect example of how all kits are not created equal. This is from another well known kit out there.

Dislaimer - not our kit and not our tuning.

1671477258206.png

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Perfect example of how all kits are not created equal. This is from another well known kit out there.

View attachment 268411

Is the controller melting? Or is the controller heating up and getting too hot for the foam it's sitting on? Who tuned it? What's the duty? Is it closed loop?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

View attachment 268411
My buddy's GTI had this problem, except all he had was a Walbro 525 kit in OEM bucket. Going down the interstate and smelled burning plastic. Pulled over and... yea. Supposedly the OEM controller can handle a 535, but 525 is a no-go. After that he got a RS3 kit and .. more melting. I told him to get a better quality kit, he is confused at how OEM parts are doing this. Im sure others are as well. Lots of money down the drain, and that is just him trying to figure out a LPFP solution.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Is the controller melting? Or is the controller heating up and getting too hot for the foam it's sitting on? Who tuned it? What's the duty? Is it closed loop?

The connector is melting as you can see in the picture. It appears to be open source tuned... don't know by who and don't know any other details on the tune. But we've seen the same thing with certain kits with various tuning solutions. The issue is in the wiring harness and wire spec.

-- Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
My buddy's GTI had this problem, except all he had was a Walbro 525 kit in OEM bucket. Going down the interstate and smelled burning plastic. Pulled over and... yea. Supposedly the OEM controller can handle a 535, but 525 is a no-go. After that he got a RS3 kit and .. more melting. I told him to get a better quality kit, he is confused at how OEM parts are doing this. Im sure others are as well. Lots of money down the drain, and that is just him trying to figure out a LPFP solution.

Yep... like I keep saying - just because they look similar does not mean all the kits are the same.

-- Ed

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
The connector is melting as you can see in the picture. It appears to be open source tuned... don't know by who and don't know any other details on the tune. But we've seen the same thing with certain kits with various tuning solutions. The issue is in the wiring harness and wire spec.

-- Ed
This is a Cobb AP tune. OS uses lower PWM tables and closed loop fueling. Cobb is the one that uses open loop and doesn't have LPFS readings on DI so they guess and cause too much duty to be requested. OS can see and scale the table easily.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT

-- Ed
Hard to see in the picture, which is why I asked for some clarification. Thanks! Seems like the pump is being overdriven for no reason. There are 550 WHP cars running about 60% duty on full E on the RS3 pumps. Should be no reason for the pumps to be running hard enough to melt things. I'm running a 15A fuse on my setup still and no issues.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S

View attachment 267490

Competition is great.
Yea, get them down low enough and they'll just stop making them, you perenium.