GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Balanced Line Coilovers Now Available!

bl33dBlue21

Go Kart Newbie
I didn’t suggest modifying anything. Simply changing the layout of the customizable suspension setup. I also noted your perch position wasn’t actually maxed out from your pictures. You said you were going to try the solutions, but then you found your perches “seized” for some reason. FWIW, you’re the first and only person to have “seized” their perches. There’s absolutely nothing special there... just standard locking rings. We’re happy to replace them for you, but this is highly unlikely to be an issue with the product itself.

We’ve been waiting on extra replacement parts from the supplier and unfortunately they’re being slow to respond.

Thanks
— Ed

you told me to remove one locking ring, that’s modifying lol. Even one of your employee told me I shouldnt do that cause it’s not safe

bl33dBlue21

Go Kart Newbie
Why don't you just return them and get an air ride suspension, since you want to be very low with zero gap.
lol If I wanted to tuck my wheels all the way in then yea I’ll get air suspension. I’ve had few coilovers in the past and had no issue getting a no gap. I even see some coilovers let you tuck in your wheels, springs alone can go low Too. Air ride is nice tho but too much money and read not good in winter

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
im not going to alter my perch as you suggested so I can achieve the height i want. Product should function as described right out of the box, I nderstand nothing is perfect. Plus perch have seized not eve a month in. I’m waiting for my new springs and perches, it’s been 2 weeks now since eqt replied, a month now since I first reach out to them

BTW, my suggestion had nothing
you told me to remove one locking ring, that’s modifying lol. Even one of your employee told me I shouldnt do that cause it’s not safe

I also told you you had room above the perches to go lower without removing anything.

-- Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
He can just get better coils from a suspension company instead. EQT should probably change the description (remove completely slammed) or maybe give people an adjustment range for a Golf R and GTI.

We have added the option for the lower springs for the rear on the website.

As far as "better" coils from a "suspension company"... 90% of suspension components on the market come out of a handful of factories in Taiwan. We select the best available just like all those other "suspension companies."

And if you think that other "suspension companies" are immune to issues, just look at all the MAJOR issues with Bilstein recently. I'd say strut actually breaking is a much bigger issue than not being able to slam the car quite as far as you'd like and being offered solutions.

-- Ed

Jimdog

Passed Driver's Ed
Perhaps it is because you are talking to the man who spec'd them out himself and has probably installed more than a couple sets himself in his own shop. If i recall correctly, earlier in this thread he offered to send shorter springs. Maybe you need to look at how they were installed and make sure that it was done correctly if you can't achieve the results that other people are getting.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
geez why do you keep insisting that i have room when i don't. i dare you come here and see it in person if you don't believe me

What is the issue. He offered you a fix. Try that with Bilstein, Koni, or KW and see if they offer you a fix. They won't. Graciously accept the offer of the low springs to fix your issue and move on. How is that hard?

bl33dBlue21

Go Kart Newbie
What is the issue. He offered you a fix. Try that with Bilstein, Koni, or KW and see if they offer you a fix. They won't. Graciously accept the offer of the low springs to fix your issue and move on. How is that hard?

I guess you didn’t read my post above, not that hard to scroll up a page. I said I’m waiting for the replacement

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
I guess you didn’t read my post above, not that hard to scroll up a page. I said I’m waiting for the replacement

Considering the coronavirus stuff going on, everyone's waiting on something. Hell I've probably even forgotten about some stuff I've ordered at this point since it's been months and everything is out of stock everywhere.

Why not just enjoy the suspension and car as is for now and get the springs on later? It's not like that little gap is going to kill you.

SonicBloom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
What are people's thoughts on the default spring rates of 8k front, 5k rear? For FWD I thought the rear should be stiffer than the front? I know you can get custom spring rates but I haven't figured out what would be the ideal rates.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
8k/12k is around the range you want for autocross. 8k/8k is common for road courses. 8k/5k with a big RSB is fine for street and sporty driving.

Though, you can get any rates to rotate with zero or close to zero rear toe.

SonicBloom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Anyone knows if the knob adjusters can be used with this extension (or a similar idea) so people don't have to cut the strut tower when they want more camber.
https://iscsuspension-na.com/store/ISC-Rear-Extenders-p28352763

Any review update on the Coilover after few thousands of miles?

I don’t think you need extensions for the rear.

“The rear adjusters are located at the bottom of the strut for easy access under the car without having to use a jack or lift.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Anyone knows if the knob adjusters can be used with this extension (or a similar idea) so people don't have to cut the strut tower when they want more camber.
https://iscsuspension-na.com/store/ISC-Rear-Extenders-p28352763

Any review update on the Coilover after few thousands of miles?

There's still not enough room under there for the base of the extension. You can almost get it to work by just installing them without the adjustment knob. But its tough to reach it to adjust it at that point.

-- Ed

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Sorry if this has been answered already but I would like to buy a set for my wagon, and was just wondering if I get a higher spring rate in the back if the shocks will be re-valved to compensate/suit the spring rate?