GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Balanced Line Coilovers Now Available!

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Is it possible to swap the front pillowtop mounts for camber plates or something like the SuperPro or 034 fixed camber mounts?

They don’t directly fit into those fixed camber plates. But Vorschlag offers one that will work.

CarolinaPanthers

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
18 GTI 6mt
Interested in these! ...At some point when I dive into the suspension lol.

How is the corrosion resistance? Love the convenience of the rear adjuster lower on the damper in the rear, but I’m nervous about how they might hold up to winters and the salt in PA and NJ.

These look similar to a few other coilovers on the market - what sets these apart? Some of options come with camber plates, for example. Although, the fixed mount on these might lend itself to fewer issues and/or NVH.

Aside from these nitpicks, I appreciate everything Ed does for the MK7 community, based off the lurking I’ve done. That, and the fact that these coilovers are tested on our specific platform is also a bonus!

Ed, I hope these questions are softballs for you haha. I’m already moving funds around/trying to convince myself I don’t need a set of these coilovers immediately lol.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
It looks like some of you already noticed and started placing orders early this morning :).

Our annual Boost Weather Sale is live and will be active through the whole month of November!

The first round of discounts are up on the website now. Most discounts are clearly marked, but there are additional discounts on bundled items that you will only see once you add them to the cart. Go find some killer package deals!

We will be adding more large package deals as the month goes on. If you have suggestions on specific packages you’d like to see, let us know!

FYI, stock is limited and orders will be fulfilled on a first come first serve basis. The sooner you order, the sooner you get your products. Depending on order volume, lead times can get pretty long by the end of the sale.

https://eqtuning.com

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Interested in these! ...At some point when I dive into the suspension lol.

How is the corrosion resistance? Love the convenience of the rear adjuster lower on the damper in the rear, but I’m nervous about how they might hold up to winters and the salt in PA and NJ.

These look similar to a few other coilovers on the market - what sets these apart? Some of options come with camber plates, for example. Although, the fixed mount on these might lend itself to fewer issues and/or NVH.

Aside from these nitpicks, I appreciate everything Ed does for the MK7 community, based off the lurking I’ve done. That, and the fact that these coilovers are tested on our specific platform is also a bonus!

Ed, I hope these questions are softballs for you haha. I’m already moving funds around/trying to convince myself I don’t need a set of these coilovers immediately lol.

Sorry I totally missed this.

Corrosion shouldn't be a problem, but if concerned you could spray a light coating on them as well.

Overall quality and fine tuning is the main thing that sets them apart. As well as the support from EQT :)

Thanks
-- Ed

edrex

Ready to race!
Ed, can you post pics of the rear adjusters while on the car? Curious to see how accessible they are

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Ed, can you post pics of the rear adjusters while on the car? Curious to see how accessible they are

They’re underneath. Very easily accessible by just reaching under the rear bumper.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Come on, tax refund!!

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
FYI, we have just 2 sets left in stock. They’re ready to ship as soon as we get the order :).

CarolinaPanthers

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
18 GTI 6mt
Ah man, it's taking a lot of willpower to be financially responsible and not jump on these!

Ed, would you recommend a different spring rate(s) for a GTI vs an R?

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Ah man, it's taking a lot of willpower to be financially responsible and not jump on these!

Ed, would you recommend a different spring rate(s) for a GTI vs an R?

The standard rates will work well on either, although they have been tested more so on the R. Ultimately, however, since ride height is fully adjustable, they will work great on the GTI as well.

-- Ed

edrex

Ready to race!
FYI, we have just 2 sets left in stock. They’re ready to ship as soon as we get the order :).

Not sure if I got one of these sets or not, but order is in!

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
We're now back ordered on these. We'll order another batch very soon :)

-- Ed

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Anyone receive their coilovers? Curious of reviews.

edrex

Ready to race!
Anyone receive their coilovers? Curious of reviews.
Received and installed but very little chance to test them out yet. Still need to get them dialed in.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Received and installed but very little chance to test them out yet. Still need to get them dialed in.

Interested in review as well. Did you stick with stock spring rates? I definitely want a higher rear vs front rate to get more oversteer for track days. EQT's are 8k front/5k rear but would swap to 9k rear). I'm deciding between PSS10s, EQT's, and the ORT's... http://openroadtuning.com/open-road-tuning-coilovers/
I do like the ability to customize spring rates with EQT and ORT vs the PSS10s
EQT & ORT honestly appear to be made by the same manufacturer, which appears to be Silver's based on my research. I would rather stick with EQT since I have Ed's tunes on my car and his customer service has always been top notch. The one upside with ORT is the ability to swap the springs for Swift, Hyperco, or Eibach ERS at time of order. If EQT offered the different spring options it would be a no brainer for me