GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Balanced Line Coilovers Now Available!

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
You run a lot lower than I do. My camber didn’t have to be adjusted that much. The rear though I’m running near the top of the threads, surprised you couldn’t get it low enough for your liking.

They do settle a little, mine took about 2k miles to break in and settle.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Dang, I was hoping for more adjustment in both camber and rear ride height. Anyone else have any pics of their ride height?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Looks like you almost have to notch the top front....is the adjustment knob rubbing?

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
ok here's a quickie...i finally installed my coilover last Wednesday. this i pretty solid and seems to be well built, so far I've put in about 350 miles and i can say they perform well. ride quality is good, not harsh even on the hardest setting. my turns are tight and reduced body roll is def noticeable.. adjusting the height in front is really easy but in th rear, you have to take everything apart cause you'll need to adjust the height of strut as well plus too much tension on spring for you to turn the adjuster.

few dislikes,

first is the height in the rear. they don't go low! i am very disappointed at this. i mea I'm not trying to slam the car to the ground, all i want is to have no gap between wheel and fender and this coilover doesn't achieve that. pic below is maxed out on all corners..

second is the front strut, it doesnt go all the way down the base of knuckle, its few cm short.. EQT said this is fine , its just odd cause I've never seen anything like it.

last is the adjustment knob on top of the front strut. at -1.5 camber, the knob will hit the strut tower. luckily i only needed -1.0 camber.

im hoping the rear will settle a little more cause i can't stand that gap lol

Thanks for your feedback. Odd that the rear doesn't go lower. When these first came out I saw a review on Facebook and they had their setup reversed from yours...the rear was tucked but the front had a small gap. I thought it was odd the review didn't show the car probably adjusted in terms of height.

The rear seems higher than 1" drop springs...

Also it was mentioned earlier that you can lower the car in the rear easily but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Pics of a review I saw from Facebook on the front and rear:

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
ok here's a quickie...i finally installed my coilover last Wednesday. this i pretty solid and seems to be well built, so far I've put in about 350 miles and i can say they perform well. ride quality is good, not harsh even on the hardest setting. my turns are tight and reduced body roll is def noticeable.. adjusting the height in front is really easy but in th rear, you have to take everything apart cause you'll need to adjust the height of strut as well plus too much tension on spring for you to turn the adjuster.

few dislikes,

first is the height in the rear. they don't go low! i am very disappointed at this. i mea I'm not trying to slam the car to the ground, all i want is to have no gap between wheel and fender and this coilover doesn't achieve that. pic below is maxed out on all corners..

View attachment 173911

second is the front strut, it doesnt go all the way down the base of knuckle, its few cm short.. EQT said this is fine , its just odd cause I've never seen anything like it.

View attachment 173913

last is the adjustment knob on top of the front strut. at -1.5 camber, the knob will hit the strut tower. luckily i only needed -1.0 camber.

View attachment 173914 View attachment 173919

im hoping the rear will settle a little more cause i can't stand that gap lol

The rear height is strange. We’ve seen people absolutely dump them in the rear. Are you sure you have things adjusted fully back there? Please take some pics of the perch and strut adjustments. We may be able to provide a shorter spring for the rear if it truly is an issue

The fitment into the knuckle is correct the ridge on the housing is what locates it

The camber/adjustment knob situation is common to all coilovers I’ve seen for this platform. People who go for more camber usually end up notching the tower for extra space.

— Ed

bl33dBlue21

Go Kart Newbie
The rear height is strange. We’ve seen people absolutely dump them in the rear. Are you sure you have things adjusted fully back there? Please take some pics of the perch and strut adjustments. We may be able to provide a shorter spring for the rear if it truly is an issue

The fitment into the knuckle is correct the ridge on the housing is what locates it

The camber/adjustment knob situation is common to all coilovers I’ve seen for this platform. People who go for more camber usually end up notching the tower for extra space.

— Ed

hey Ed, here's a pic. i also used the videos on post #110 as guide to properly adjust the rear struts

IMG_3195.jpeg
thanks!

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Also interested in the outcome of this. Lol just when I thought I had my head wrapped around the adjustment!
I here you. I was between the Bilstein B16's and these and thought...B16's it is recently until I seen this which I have seen few times before...

Dragk913

Go Kart Newbie
I here you. I was between the Bilstein B16's and these and thought...B16's it is recently until I seen this which I have seen few times before...

<snip>

Yup, same thing happened with my B14's and I definitely did NOT overtorque them. Luckily FCPeuro's lifetime warranty took care of the replacements, but I would 100% go with EQT over Bilstein at this point (and after reading about the tons of other people who have had this happen).

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
And here I am just rolling the dice this weekend with my new PSS10s. I think it's so strange that they've had a half dozen identical issues and have thrown gas on the fire instead of wiping this up and taking care of people. Bad optics for sure, but I still think it's a good product. It's probably not even a 1% failure rate between B14/16 installs, but it's a bad failure when it is.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
1% failure rate is acceptable in big business in this industry. Not surprised they fluff it off.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
1% failure rate is acceptable in big business in this industry. Not surprised they fluff it off.
100% agree with that, but for good PR it'll cost you when treat honest failures like user install issues all the time. ESPECIALLY if you want to have some sort of "lifetime" warranty. Sorta meaningless if you deny true defect claims.

KW/ST did the same thing with me on a set of coilovers for my last car. One spring had sagged and even after all sorts of measurements and proof of how it was installed I still needed to convince them of the issue. Must just be a suspension brand thing.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Front looks too low to me. Level it with the rear.

This^

Also, you'll need to notch the front strut top of you want useful negative camber. This is pretty common.