GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Balanced Line Coilovers Now Available!

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
50mm struts on our poverty Golfs.

Well these fit GTI and R for sure. I wasn’t aware of a difference to the golf. Is the hub/spindle connection different?

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
These look awesome. Great price too, you should update the first post with the pricing.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Yep, GTI/R/Alltrack have aluminum spindles while GSW/TSI Golfs have steel spindles with smaller diameter struts.

Are we sure that the diameter at the spindle is different? On the R and GTI, the strut becomes more narrow at the bottom where it inserts into the spindle.

— Ed

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Are we sure that the diameter at the spindle is different? On the R and GTI, the strut becomes more narrow at the bottom where it inserts into the spindle.

— Ed

I mean, if you want to send me a set for free so I can show you they don't fit, feel free... :D

But yes, companies make 50mm strut and 55mm strut specific suspension setups for the two different cars.

TBH (and I know I'm shooting myself in the foot here) it's probably not worth making the 50mm strut version since most people who are going to upgrade probably already own GTIs or Rs. I'm just going to get a set of those aluminum spindles myself when it's time to upgrade in the future.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
TBH (and I know I'm shooting myself in the foot here) it's probably not worth making the 50mm strut version since most people who are going to upgrade probably already own GTIs or Rs. I'm just going to get a set of those aluminum spindles myself when it's time to upgrade in the future.

Sounds like a solid plan ;)

donefor

Go Kart Newbie
It's short for Kg/mm, which is the Euro/metric for Inch/lbs:

8k = ~450 in/lbs
5k = ~280 in/lbs

Actually it's the reciprocal of what you say, e.g. mm/kg and in/lb. Saying a spring is rated at 450 in/lb would mean it deflects 450 inches with a one pound load.