GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Balanced Line Coilovers Now Available!

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
now that these have been out awhile anyone out here with anything bad to say? my stock shocks are totally blown out but I want OEM+ type comfort to haul kids around, these look like just the ticket but it's funny to see any product with such universally positive reviews!! haha

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
Not bouncy, OEM like spring rebound and adjustable dampening set at "4" gives as close to OEM as I've ever felt on coilovers.
awesome feedback! how many miles do you have on your EQT coilovers?

I just pulled the trigger on these and bought them now for my car. Not sure if will install myself or have local independent shop do it.

Last edited:

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
does anyone have any information on what ride height settings on the coilovers got them to stock VW ride height? having these installed next week and would be nice to just put them in and have them be pretty close to stock ride height without too much tinkering

thanks!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
does anyone have any information on what ride height settings on the coilovers got them to stock VW ride height? having these installed next week and would be nice to just put them in and have them be pretty close to stock ride height without too much tinkering

thanks!
To get to oem ride height you’ll have to almost be on the last set of threads in the rear at the very least. I’ll see if I can count mine, as I am sitting at 25 1/2”

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Stock height is around 26” FTG in the rear on a GTI. You are going to have to get towards the end of the threads on the rear perches and the shock will also need to be near the end of its threads. To maximize rear height you should use the stock spring pads above the perch (or even the TT pads).
The fronts are the opposite where you have threads for days and you can make it look like a monster truck. (28” FTG is not a problem).
Here are a couple pics. Not exactly where you need to set them but for reference based on what I am describing above. The rear pic is slightly lower than stock (but with a rear hitch) and the front is about an inch lower than stock. Plenty of room in the front. Not so much in the rear.

Attachments

• D874BE44-9EC6-46AA-8FDF-97A60A33B6DB.jpeg
    D874BE44-9EC6-46AA-8FDF-97A60A33B6DB.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 176
  • 498C288F-E18A-4977-8386-6688A38C05C1.jpeg
    498C288F-E18A-4977-8386-6688A38C05C1.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 176

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
To get to oem ride height you’ll have to almost be on the last set of threads in the rear at the very least. I’ll see if I can count mine, as I am sitting at 25 1/2”

that would be awesome and super helpful if you could count the threads sometime on yours, I'm probably having mine installed on Tuesday.

i just measured my car and with a Curt rear hitch and baby seat the front and back are both around 26.5 from the ground to the fender just about at all 4 corners, and I don't hit the speed bumps or cubs in my area so that is my target ride height for sure

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
also how much more are you guys seeing these drop as they settle/break in?

meaning, if I set these to 26.5 inches brand new freshly installed, will they naturally settle down to 26inches or something like that? in the past with other brands/platforms I've had coilovers settle in a bit over following 6 months

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
also how much more are you guys seeing these drop as they settle/break in?

meaning, if I set these to 26.5 inches brand new freshly installed, will they naturally settle down to 26inches or something like that? in the past with other brands/platforms I've had coilovers settle in a bit over following 6 months

I can't speak for this kit specifically, but unless you're dealing with really cheap springs, you won't see more that a quarter inch of settling with decent springs.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
@Ed @ EQT Do you folks make these coilovers for the Tsi model with the 50mm spindles up front instead of the 55mm that come on the GTI and R models?
You're better off calling or emailing them as a few other people have asked without a response in the forum.