GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQ Advice

nonoabby123

Car(s)
Golf Sportwagen
Hey, I was hoping someone more knowledgeable could give me some advice on eq in our cars.

I am new to dsp and tuning. But is it possible to fix that large dip around 60 hz? Or is it that just a natural reflection or something else from me sitting in the car measuring.

This is a pic of my subwoofer and mids.

The reference is the audiofrog curve.
042521 rta.png

JackRabbitSLIM

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I was able to get rid of mine. What have you tried already?

MK7 filtered vs unfiltered.jpg

nonoabby123

Car(s)
Golf Sportwagen
Thanks for sharing your graph!

I haven't tried much yet, just trying to get an idea of what the dip might be.

My measurement came after setting up crossover, time alignment, and leveling left and right. And auto eq with my new match m5dsp.

I'll try flipping polarity on the sub first.

Naptown14

Car(s)
Mk7 gti
Location could be causing the dip or bad time alignment I don't have that dip as u can see above 2nd use 5db scale in rew not 2db allso how are u mesureing are u useing averages talking proper mesurments and than interpretation of said mesurment takes many years knowing what matters and what doesn't if u would like help message me and I can help run down of your system would allso help shed some light on the subject our cars being hatchback are one of the easiest to get good bass

nonoabby123

Car(s)
Golf Sportwagen
It took me awhile to understand how to use and implement the software. Current EQ is okay now, here's what I measured this morning.
090421 auto eq afischer.jpg

And yes the match DSP does time align the sub. You pick the reference speaker and put in it's distance to mic. Then the auto time align does rest.
090421 afischer ATA.png

nonoabby123

Car(s)
Golf Sportwagen
Might as well share the system setup as well.

5 channel amp/dsp powering the front tweeters and mids active, as well as a 10" sealed subwoofer.

None of the drivers or parts are really expensive. I just wanted an upgrade over the base system and helix upgrade.

Pioneer TS-Z65C 6.5 component speakers
Pioneer TSA2500LD - 10" sub
Match M5DSP - 5ch amp/dsp

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
Components don't have to be expensive to sound good. Install quality and tune go a long way.

quality_sound

hmm.......
Car(s)
'21 GTI S DSG
What is your crossover point? Most peopel cross their midbass over WAY too low trying to get "up front bass" which actually causes the kinds of issues you're seeing. Try *0Hz for the sub and midbass and see what happens. Depending on the level of the sub, you may need to change the sub's low pass to 60Hz