GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EPC Warning light on and off

ckf80

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi i get my car check by my mechanic for EPC error and it the turbo waste gate actuator problem. If waste gate actuator got problem does it means the turbo will have problem soon ?

As i am thinking should i trade in my existing turbo and go for a whole refurbish complete turbo unit.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hi i get my car check by my mechanic for EPC error and it the turbo waste gate actuator problem. If waste gate actuator got problem does it means the turbo will have problem soon ?

As i am thinking should i trade in my existing turbo and go for a whole refurbish complete turbo unit.

No it doesn't mean that you need a new turbo. Did the mechanic adjust the actuator?

ckf80

Passed Driver's Ed
My mechanic did suggest to adjust the actuator first before change the new one. If after adjust the actuator and EPC light still turn on then only change the actuator.

ckf80

Passed Driver's Ed
I did my actuator adjust and the EPC light is gone. Tested the car for more than 1 month and the EPC light never come back.

But i felt that my car is less powerful than before i did the actuator adjust. Does any one have this feeling too after the actuator adjust ?