GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EPC Warning light on and off

ckf80

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

I am driving 2013 golf gti mk7 with dsg. Last few day my EPC light did on while i am driving. When i off the engine and start back the EPC light is gone. This happen 2 times for the last few days. During the EPC light on i did not feel any abnormal of my car. May i know any one face this issue before ?

Please advise

Thanks

ckf80

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi here the error code capture by my mechanic. my car currently in stage 1 tune. with following mode

- 3 inch catless down pipe + mid resonator + after market twin exhaust muffler
- drop in BMC air filter.

Please advise.

Thanks

Attachments

• EPC error message.jpeg
    EPC error message.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 659

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
An EPC light is tricky to diagnose. When I got one it turned out to be the tune that was installed.

ckf80

Passed Driver's Ed
May i know the actuator is which part of the engine ? Sorry i not too familiar with all the engine part name :ROFLMAO:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
has anyone actually replaced just the actuator with something like this

I haven't seen anything, and was wondering if it was possible.

Sure that's possible but I would get it diagnosed before you spend $200 plus installation only to find out that wasn't the problem.

kingkhan

Ready to race!
Sure that's possible but I would get it diagnosed before you spend $200 plus installation only to find out that wasn't the problem.

I got confirmation that my wastegate actuator is bad. The dealer couldn't get it to adjust back into spec. I am currently working with VW to see what they can do for me, but I want to look into alternate options if it comes to that.

The dealer will only replace the complete turbo assembly and the smaller VW place I usually go to does the same.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I got confirmation that my wastegate actuator is bad. The dealer couldn't get it to adjust back into spec. I am currently working with VW to see what they can do for me, but I want to look into alternate options if it comes to that.

The dealer will only replace the complete turbo assembly and the smaller VW place I usually go to does the same.

If it's under warranty I would take the new turbo.

kingkhan

Ready to race!
If it's under warranty I would take the new turbo.

That's what I'm hoping for, but my car is currently at 116K KM and the powertrain warranty here is till 100k KM. I'm really hoping VW comes through for me considering the car is only 3 years old, but wanted to do my research to see what other options are available.