GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

epc light"engine fault work shop"

nelelegenda05

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok so this has been happening for a quite a while. when going into a higher boost and higher speeds my EPC AND CHECK ENGINE LIGHT came on. Car goes into a limp mode and there is no boost. Have to turn it off and start it again, and everything goes back to normal. Very strange, so it happened 4 times in last month. The car is at the shop "UNITRONICK" RAI MOTORSPORT IN BALTIMORE.
I will post on here what the case was and the solution. I just hope that my Car-max warranty will cover the cost!!!

Stanielz

Ready to race!
o_O sounds like ur misfiring under a load.

coilpacks going bad?

Stanielz

Ready to race!
I have replaced them all its not it. The code reads something like throttler pedal position sensor i believe. They have to diagnose it for a while.

wow, weird. well keep us posted man. i have a tsi too :p. i like to read up on problems people have to self prepare.

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion
Ok so this has been happening for a quite a while. when going into a higher boost and higher speeds my EPC AND CHECK ENGINE LIGHT came on. Car goes into a limp mode and there is no boost. Have to turn it off and start it again, and everything goes back to normal. Very strange, so it happened 4 times in last month. The car is at the shop "UNITRONICK" RAI MOTORSPORT IN BALTIMORE.
I will post on here what the case was and the solution. I just hope that my Car-max warranty will cover the cost!!!

Sounds the throttle body wiring harness issue. I've been affected by it too. Exact same symptoms. The wires are loose and getting pulled by the engine movement when it torques. Call your shop and tell them to look at TSB 2018652. I've attached the TSB.

BTW - This is covered by VW if you still within warranty.

Attachments

• 01-09-04MIL ON, DTCs P1545, P0121, P0123, P0221 or P0222 Stored in ECM Fault Memory.pdf
    573.3 KB · Views: 2,484

MKV Arms

Faulty throttle body harness

This also started happening to me after I did the stage 1 ECU upgrade. Took it to a local APR here in the Dallas metroplex and he pulled the code. He suggested since I was still under warranty to take it down to the dealer.

It was a throttle body error code that popped, something like pressure was not correct.

I took it to the dealer and they ran the diagnostic as well. It turned out it probably is the wiring harness that is faulty. There is also a recal on 06 mkv engine coils and the wiring harness for the airbag system. They are or doing those parts as well. The fact that this happened right after going stage one merely seems coincidence, but if you are by any chance still under warranty I would consider the same.

I will let you know after they install the new parts if my issue is resolved.

Also, if you read around you may want to attempt a throttle body alignment. I remember seeing that fixing some issues with CEL. But if you are misfiring that sounds like an engine coil or spark plug issue (although it could be many other things as well).

Well good luck.

nelelegenda05

Passed Driver's Ed
Well the shop has to diagnose the whole problem to find out what the problem is. They have to go through their procedure thats what he told me. Even though i told him what it might be. And i have Warranty but through Car Max not the Factory Warranty.

Pie

I had this issue happen to me on Leon Cupra (fsi too), twice actually. Kept throwing codes to do with throttle body. After testing the harness, and testing both the TB and accelerator pedal (by replacing) issue still was there. Eventually turned out to be my plugs :O
Try checking your plugs, could save you alot of trouble.

MKV Arms

I had this issue happen to me on Leon Cupra (fsi too), twice actually. Kept throwing codes to do with throttle body. After testing the harness, and testing both the TB and accelerator pedal (by replacing) issue still was there. Eventually turned out to be my plugs :O
Try checking your plugs, could save you alot of trouble.

And I just put my engine cover back on... :mad0259:

nelelegenda05

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok gentelman found out what the problem is. And Mr steelcurtain u were right about what u said it was the weiring harness so they will finish it on monday and hope that no light comes on again. Will keep u updated

cherrybomb

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
Happened to me too. But I'm in an 06 with 75k. Light is off and things are normal I guess. Still doesn't seem to drive 100% but it could be my imagination. I should prob replace my plugs as mentioned above.

Also my airbag light is on. Would like to now of the recall if there is one.

kmvd2468

!

So my mk5 is now reading epc and engine fault workshop, I know I'm replying years later to you guys but from your experience with those lights coming on what did you guys have to do besides take it to a dealer? It just started marking that and it seems to be misfiring and it has turned off once on me today. HELP :bow:

eliwise

Passed Driver's Ed
Very same thing going on with my 09 MKV TSI.

-Recently replaced plugs.
-2 months later replaced Coils with R8 coils.
-Getting misfire codes on cyl 2.
-Reinstalled the coils - switching their location to determine if I had a bad coil.
-No more misfire codes.
-3x in the last week I am got the EPC & Workshop light.
-Getting throttle pedal sensor codes intermittently.

eliwise

Passed Driver's Ed
Just got the following codes after swapping out the plugs for Bosch. Not sure what to do next.

OBD2 - pending:
P0221 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "B" Circuit Range/Performance

Engine:
P0221 - Throttle Position Sensor B (G188), Circuit Range / Performance

ABS:
01314 - Engine Control Module (ECM)