GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EPC Light at high RPM, EQT tune second revision *Update: Car is now a hot mess

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
EQT already sent the revision to my inbox configured with the new LPFP :)

EQT sent the pump out today, should arrive on the 31st.

Just don't fill up on gas between now and then, will be an easy swap.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Ya killin me EQT...lol

Capture.JPG

Still gonna wait till the LPFP is in...

tigeo

Autocross Champion

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Did a 3rd gear pull merging onto the highway, there was no traffic at all so I took the opportunity. It was a bit of an uphill grade and is a slightly bumpy part of the highway...but Im not doing it for virtual dyno results so that doesn't matter. I really wanted to see fuel rail pressure and stft data. No EPC light after the pull! @Diggs24 so far so good. Take a look at the log. STFT % actually sat in the negatives, not creeping up to +9% like before. Fuel rail pressure and injection time are also more steady.

Edit: Though, another factor is my last fillup was with Costco gas.

Last edited:

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
EQT requested 4th gear log on v1.02, which I ran on the dyno a few weeks ago with great results: https://datazap.me/u/perceivedshift/dyno-run-eqt-tune-v102?log=0&data=1-8-14-19-25-26-27-28&solo=19

GTI Dyno Run EQT v1.02.jpg

EQT then "added timing" in v1.03 and wanted a 2-4 gear pull, uhhggg it didn't go well. 2nd seems fine-ish but doesn't seem to pull as hard as v1.02. Granny shifted into third and it still didn't pull very hard, then hell broke lose at the end of 3rd and shifting into 4th. Knock everywhere (First time ive seen it on my EQT tune), boost doin its own thing partying out back, afrs super lean...abort...abort!

Honestly....what a hot mess: https://datazap.me/u/perceivedshift...-8-14-19-21-25-26-27-28&solo=19&zoom=456-1054

This is when I need some comms from EQT...but for some reason they've always been very vague...I don't even know who is working on the tune tbh. Matt, Ed, Cliff? Who knows at this point....my car ain't happy...ill probably switch back to v1.02 until I know whats going on.

Check out my new Christmas Tree!

2022-04-28 18.56.57.jpeg