GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EPC/CEL under load, otherwise car acts fine

wave

Ready to race!
Hey guys, wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what I should be checking that could be wrong. Have been running the car with no issues for a while on a JB4 Map 1, logs looked fine according to George. I've been driving it everyday and pretty hard with no issues for probably 15k miles. Today on my way home from work, I went WOT at the onramp of the highway, and the turbo spooled to about 20 PSI, and then fluttered (best way I can describe it) really hard like I was bouncing off of the rev limiter, but at around 4000 rpms. Then it threw an EPC and a CEL, and went limp.
I pulled over, hooked up the OBDeleven and pulled the codes, then reset them. Now, the car does this every time I try to put a load on the motor. If I stay out of the boost, it drives fine. If I keep the turbo from making more than about 10 PSI, it also acts fine. :confused: It responds and sounds the same, and I got home and checked that no lines or hoses had come off. Not sure where to go from here. The codes were: Trouble codes:
P130A00 - Hide cylinder
Intermittent
P030400 - Cyl.4 Misfire Detected
Intermittent
P219500 - O2 Sensor Signal Stuck Lean Bank 1 Sensor 1
Intermittent
P046100 - Fuel Level Sensor Circ. Range/Performance
Intermittent

Thanks for any help

wave

Ready to race!
That’s a misfire. Pull plug 4 and investigate.

Thanks, Diggs, I will check this out. What do you mean with the wiring on the 02 sensor for the turbo, though? Like what should I check? All of the plugs and connections are solid.

And maybe I'm dense, but when facing the engine from the front of the car, which end is cylinder 4? Thans again!

Last edited:

Rmzhrb

Passed Driver's Ed
I was able to diagnose the coil from Diggs' advice, replaced it, and cleared all codes. The coils just arrived today, but so far after all of that, everything seems back to normal! Thanks again to Diggs. :D

Hate to bring up a year old topic, but was your issue solved with the coils? I’ve been having similar issues.