GOLFMKV

Ensurance - Free for 3yrs

GolfPilot

Ready to race!
Me!

GP

mickR

Ready to race!
Appears good of face value, but all it is actually doing is putting your business and money to hands of VW.
What benefit as an owner is there to be had from it?
Also read the terms of your car insurance, possible conflict?

vwman

Go Kart Champion
You have the right to have your car repaired at any repairer you choose be it a VW approved body shop or not.

Even if your insurer wants to point you to their 'preferred' body shop.

Most reputable body shops will have a free loan car during repair as well.

VDubber1

Ready to race!
If I were to select my own repairer I would need to pay an additional £200 to my insurer....not sure if I would need to if I use the Ensurance to coordinate the repair?

Sent from my HTC One

Last edited:

VDubber1

Ready to race!
Heres a clip from the Ensurance booklet...basically says they pay any additional fee....

Significant features and benefits of the policy
• We will manage your incident from start to finish, liaising with your motor insurer and the Volkswagen Insurance approved repairer on your behalf.
• We guarantee that if your Volkswagen is damaged in an accident, it will be repaired in a Volkswagen Insurance approved repairer, by Volkswagen trained technicians who will only use genuine Volkswagen parts and paints, and if this costs anymore we’ll pay.
• We will pay any repair costs not covered by your motor insurance policy incurred because you have chosen to have your vehicle repaired at a Volkswagen Insurance approved repairer using Volkswagen approved OEM parts and paints.
• Subject to availability we will make sure the Volkswagen Insurance approved repairer that repairs your vehicle provides you with access to a courtesy car for the duration of your repair.
• If you were not at fault and there is a traceable third party motor insurer for the other vehicle(s) involved in the incident, we may pay for and supply you with a hire car more suitable to your needs.
• We will also provide you with legal expenses cover to pay the legal costs and expenses of any legal proceedings to recover uninsured losses caused as a result of any road accident which results in:– loss or damage to your vehicle– loss or damage to any personal property owned by you whilst the property is in/or attached to your vehicle.– death or injury to you whilst getting into or out of the vehicle

Sent from my HTC One

mickR

Ready to race!
Some interesting wording- If you were not at fault and there is a traceable third party motor insurer for the other vehicle(s)
*Because VW can claim it all back from the guilty party's insurer.

We may (also may not) pay for and supply you with a hire car more suitable to your needs.