GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Enkei wheel fitment question

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Hi all, I'm looking to buy a set of Enkei TY5 in 18x8.5" ET42 and did a bit of searching before posting. Most people seem to agree that this fitment shouldn't be a problem (seems 18x8.5 ET45 is ideal) but some people also mentioned that front spacers may be necessary to prevent rubbing specifically with the TY5. Am I crazy or should these fit without issue? If there is, what size spacer should I be looking at?

I'm looking to mount Michelin PSS 235/40/R18 as well for the tires as well.

Thanks!

Cruiser

Ready to race!
I have 18x8.5 et43. I don't know where it would rub on the inside to require a spacer. I could understand rubbing on the outside if you were too low

Cruiser

Ready to race!
Oh, thanks i get it now. He did say specifically with the TY5. So yeah, maybe spoke design is the clearance issue

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Thanks for the responses everyone. Totally agreed it's a solvable problem w/ fit and figure out but was curious it anyone had any experiences to save a bit of time if it comes down to it.

I managed to get in touch with a few people through FB who have this setup and it looks like worst case is outside fender rubbing w/ wider tires so a fender screw mod would be warranted. This was with 245/40/r18 tires even with PP brakes (I Imagine bigger brake calipers would pose a problem but I'll comment on clearance once installed w/ PP brakes).

My original question was posed based on vague information other people had specified but has since been cleared up. Will post pics and weigh in on any issues once installed!

Last edited:

gchen6850

Ready to race!
Hi all, I'm looking to buy a set of Enkei TY5 in 18x8.5" ET42 and did a bit of searching before posting. Most people seem to agree that this fitment shouldn't be a problem (seems 18x8.5 ET45 is ideal) but some people also mentioned that front spacers may be necessary to prevent rubbing specifically with the TY5. Am I crazy or should these fit without issue? If there is, what size spacer should I be looking at?

I'm looking to mount Michelin PSS 235/40/R18 as well for the tires as well.

Thanks!

I'm actually looking into this exact same setup (18x8.5 et42), but not decided on the exact wheel design yet (deciding between raijin, ty5, ts9). I'm also lowered on VWR springs so am worried more about the fender clearance.

Would love to hear your results after fitment to help me before I buy as well.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I'm actually looking into this exact same setup (18x8.5 et42), but not decided on the exact wheel design yet (deciding between raijin, ty5, ts9). I'm also lowered on VWR springs so am worried more about the fender clearance.

Would love to hear your results after fitment to help me before I buy as well.

225/40/18 tires & fender screw mod = no issues