GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine/Transmission Mount Install - NJ/Philly area

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Hi guys,

I'm hoping to find a guy in New Jersey, or in the Philly/Wilmington area who has installed aftermarket engine/trans mounts on their MK7 Golf/GTI, and is willing to help me out. I will pay you a shop rate for the work. I just want to be with someone as they're doing it, so I can make sure it's being done correctly.

I have had an endless amount of issues this year with engine/transmission mounts, requiring full replacement of a DSG, and now replacement of my (already replaced) engine/trans mounts.

At this point I am entirely untrusting of either a reputable independent shop or a performance-oriented dealer (Like Linden/Smith VW) to install the mounts, because I've had mounts installed incorrectly twice in a row by different shops, both of which had a good reputation for good work.

Let me know!

-Cooper

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
Hi guys,

I'm hoping to find a guy in New Jersey, or in the Philly/Wilmington area who has installed aftermarket engine/trans mounts on their MK7 Golf/GTI, and is willing to help me out. I will pay you a shop rate for the work. I just want to be with someone as they're doing it, so I can make sure it's being done correctly.

I have had an endless amount of issues this year with engine/transmission mounts, requiring full replacement of a DSG, and now replacement of my (already replaced) engine/trans mounts.

At this point I am entirely untrusting of either a reputable independent shop or a performance-oriented dealer (Like Linden/Smith VW) to install the mounts, because I've had mounts installed incorrectly twice in a row by different shops, both of which had a good reputation for good work.

Let me know!

-Cooper

sorry to hear, i read through your thread about the mounts. a bit further into PA but I used APTuning in Lebanon for my DKM Clutch (twice..), alignment, apr tune, BFI S1 transmount, and SS clutch line install and they were great. Will he let you back when doing the work, i dunno but master tech was really cool and did my work both times. showed me what was going on with the clutch when i asked and let me check it out when doing the work. reasonable hourly rate as well in my opinion. might be worth checking out if it isn't too far for you. I traveled 2.5 hours to go to them. he did my clutch for the second time, SS line and trans mount and had me out of there in 5 hours. fast and great work.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
sorry to hear, i read through your thread about the mounts. a bit further into PA but I used APTuning in Lebanon for my DKM Clutch (twice..), alignment, apr tune, BFI S1 transmount, and SS clutch line install and they were great. Will he let you back when doing the work, i dunno but master tech was really cool and did my work both times. showed me what was going on with the clutch when i asked and let me check it out when doing the work. reasonable hourly rate as well in my opinion. might be worth checking out if it isn't too far for you. I traveled 2.5 hours to go to them. he did my clutch for the second time, SS line and trans mount and had me out of there in 5 hours. fast and great work.

Hmmmmm I guess this is an option. But part of me would rather just go with a guy who knows what TF they're doing and will let me actually help them do the work. I'm a great sous chef, just not quite ready for full chef responsibilities :)

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
Hmmmmm I guess this is an option. But part of me would rather just go with a guy who knows what TF they're doing and will let me actually help them do the work. I'm a great sous chef, just not quite ready for full chef responsibilities :)
Can't say I blame your after what you've been through with this so far. Good luck man. I didn't want to deal with the trans mount but I did do the motor mount myself afterward.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
Redline Speedworx is top notch, I trust them with everything. There's also R/T Tuning who does a little bit more of the Subie scene, but they are an APR dealer and getting more and more into the VAG scene. I talked to them recently, they said they're doing 4-5 VAG cars a week for tunes, hardware stuff and turbo swaps. They're much closer to my house than Redline, that's the only reason I may not use Redline

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Hi guys,

Let me know!

-Cooper

Josh at TCR Performance. He just installed my BFI Stage 1 Engine/Transmission mounts along with my AWE Resonated DP.

He's popular on the MQB Facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/TCR-Performance-1896899090390098/

Billy Amberg of A2B Motorpsport has been doing installs for me. Seems like a lot of people from the tri-state area use him.

https://www.facebook.com/A2BMotorsports/

I've also heard Billy mentioned on the same FB groups. Seems like Josh or Billy are the way to go.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Little late to the party here but, check out Leading Edge Automotive in Wc Pa. I took my car there before. They are top notch. Mark is cool and will do it right. If your willing to pay someone shop rate mine as well use a shop (they will do it right and no hassle if wrong).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Check out the below linked thread. It's for clutch installs, but I had mine there and he did all my mounts at the same time. Very stand up guy that has done a lot of VW and MK7 work and probably would be happy to accommodate you.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20794

Thanks for the reference! I hit that guy up - he's 45 minutes from my house which is awesome, i was prepared to drive up to like 2 hours

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
Don't mean to hijack a thread, but I don't want to re-post something very similar!

I'm looking to have mounts (BFI Stage 1 engine/trans) installed AND a Wavetrac LSD. Same two shops/people mentioned here are more than capable I assume? I live very close to NYC (twenty minutes) if it matters.