GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine + Trans Mount Questions

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
Over 100K miles on my BFI stage 2 mounts (Engine Mount & trans/dog bone inserts).

Basic rule of thumb is stage 1 if you’re worried about NVH, stage 2 if you’re not. Give anything you try a full 1k mile break in period before passing judgment.

BTW love the channel

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
BFI Stage 1 on a TDI? Anybody have first hand experience? Asking for a friend.

The TDI is a whole different animal.

I’d recommend trying just a BFI stage 1 insert for 1,000 miles & if it’s still too much cut the two smaller arms off the insert and try it that way.

Definitely don’t recommend the engine or transmission mounts on a diesel

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Thanks @GTI Jake and @J Peterman. I figured as much. I actually had the diesel specific powerflex sensor installed at one point (other amounts were stock) and the vibrations were unbearable. Didn't dream of turning the A/C on and even without it they were awful, caused a resonance with the windows down, had to remove it. I gave it about 1,000 miles. Even convinced my wife to drive the car to work for a few weeks to rack up some break in miles. At the time her commute was 25 miles as compared to 2 for me. It had to go.

I'm running 034 mounts now (I know). My stock mouse were movable by hand, and the 034s added nothing as far as NVH. I do keep an eye on them and I picked up a set of stock mounts from the classified section here for when these let go. The engine side is the Clubsport part number but I assume it's the same as any other GTI.

I just need someone with a TDI that doesn't care about vibrations to experiment, 😂.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Thanks @GTI Jake and @J Peterman. I figured as much. I actually had the diesel specific powerflex sensor installed at one point (other amounts were stock) and the vibrations were unbearable. Didn't dream of turning the A/C on and even without it they were awful, caused a resonance with the windows down, had to remove it. I gave it about 1,000 miles. Even convinced my wife to drive the car to work for a few weeks to rack up some break in miles. At the time her commute was 25 miles as compared to 2 for me. It had to go.

I'm running 034 mounts now (I know). My stock mouse were movable by hand, and the 034s added nothing as far as NVH. I do keep an eye on them and I picked up a set of stock mounts from the classified section here for when these let go. The engine side is the Clubsport part number but I assume it's the same as any other GTI.

I just need someone with a TDI that doesn't care about vibrations to experiment, 😂.

My buddy Ricky has been down the Rabbit hole with his.