GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine/Tranny/Dogbone Bits

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
Ok, I've read through quite a few various threads, done a few searches, and haven't come across much definitive. I know, that might be asking too much.

For Stage 1, maybe light Stage 2, is there a general consensus on 'best' inserts/dogbones/mounts? As much as I'd like a DP I'm not sure that'll be in the near future, and a full tune is likely at least a couple years away as I'd rather not void the warranty within the first couple of years. So not likely going beyond that early on. But I would like to firm it up a bit, along with an RSB.

NVH isn't big deal to me unless it's going to be drastic and/or annoy my wife when she's in the car. I've had some inserts before on my MINI and really didn't notice a change.

It seems like BFI and maybe 034 are favored, but it also seems there's a plethora of them out there and I'd imagine others wouldn't continue them much if they weren't selling so there's a gap that's not evident.

Slightly leaning towards BFI at the moment, but any input is appreciated.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Ok, I've read through quite a few various threads, done a few searches, and haven't come across much definitive. I know, that might be asking too much.

For Stage 1, maybe light Stage 2, is there a general consensus on 'best' inserts/dogbones/mounts? As much as I'd like a DP I'm not sure that'll be in the near future, and a full tune is likely at least a couple years away as I'd rather not void the warranty within the first couple of years. So not likely going beyond that early on. But I would like to firm it up a bit, along with an RSB.

NVH isn't big deal to me unless it's going to be drastic and/or annoy my wife when she's in the car. I've had some inserts before on my MINI and really didn't notice a change.

It seems like BFI and maybe 034 are favored, but it also seems there's a plethora of them out there and I'd imagine others wouldn't continue them much if they weren't selling so there's a gap that's not evident.

Slightly leaning towards BFI at the moment, but any input is appreciated.
There's a thread 2 down titled BFI mounts or something like that. Lits of good info.

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
There's a thread 2 down titled BFI mounts or something like that. Lits of good info.

Yep, following that one (or trying to). But as the title indicates it's heavy on the BFI side, with some 034 and other discussions. It's one of the main sources for my comment about those two seeming to be favored. If those two literally are the only two anyone really bothers using then I'll go back and re-read the entire thing. But I was hoping with the plethora that are out there that there'd be some additional insights.

If that is the case then it'd seem BFI Stage 1 engine & tranny with 034 insert, possibly upper, or an HPA.

Last edited:

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Yep, following that one (or trying to). But as the title indicates it's heavy on the BFI side, with some 034 and other discussions. It's one of the main sources for my comment about those two seeming to be favored. If those two literally are the only two anyone really bothers using then I'll go back and re-read the entire thing. But I was hoping with the plethora that are out there that there'd be some additional insights.
There was also a thread discussing Revo, HPA, APR dogbones. Iirc, HPA was getting good reviews.

Fwiw, i have 034 motor and tranny mounts, as well as lower/upper 034 dogbone inserts. Dogbone itself is stock. Strong vibrations due to upper dogbone insert when coming off of idle. It needs some time to break in. Gear shifts are seamless, i do not feel any slop. Feels super solid.