GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine tick at idel

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Oh boy here goes. Check out the thread called "Tapping". At least three guys in that thread got the product that I recommended and it stops that sound. I'm not going to debate what the product is but It simply is an engine treatment that coats parts in the engine and I guarantee you that it will quiet that sound. I even went as far as buying it for one forum member on the promise if it quieted the sound he would pay me back which he did.

https://www.cermastore.com/engine-treatment-gas-and-diesel-autos.html

$96, originally $125, for a tiny little bottle? That stuff better work. Is it one and done?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
$96, originally $125, for a tiny little bottle? That stuff better work. Is it one and done?

Yes it's a one time treatment. Previously I mentioned to use the promo code "xeperformance" but one guy who bought it said the code didn't work for him so evidently I'm grandfathered in using the promo code.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Yes it's a one time treatment. Previously I mentioned to use the promo code "xeperformance" but one guy who bought it said the code didn't work for him so evidently I'm grandfathered in using the promo code.
It did work for me when I ordered it BTW.

Hotsky

Ready to race!
The noise in my case has been intermittent. I will do engine flush and do intake valve clean (spray) and oil change in the coming weeks and see if anything changes/if the nose comes back.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Ya that tapping sound doesn't exist in my car. Don't get me wrong these cars make all sorts of noises (especially at idle) But that one is pretty loud.