GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine swap

chrismc1000

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 01 WS6
Dude if you just searched before posting you’d come to the same conclusion that this thread had gotten to. You can make lots of power on this platform, with the existing configuration/ parts, for relatively low cost.
See I did search a lot and found nothing so I asked. I'm happy you seem butthurt over my questions though. As far as relatively low coat goes you're very wrong on that. Over 2k for a turbo to just get me the same or less power as a nitrous kit would for a camaro or mustang or even a challenger/charger. Let's not forget a built short block is 7k which I can buy a 427ci short block for that money. Then add in another 5k for bolt ons and head work and misc parts. So in order to make 700whp with this engine you'll spend 14k +. Well for that money I can literally buy a 454r and make the same power with no turbo and be faster and quicker. There is no stroker kits to turn the 2.0 into a 2.5L or what ever. Again a massive following should of had this figured out. Idk why people are fine with what they got and not wanna push the edge. It's OK though if I decide to keep this car ill do something crazy for sure

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
See I did search a lot and found nothing so I asked. I'm happy you seem butthurt over my questions though. As far as relatively low coat goes you're very wrong on that. Over 2k for a turbo to just get me the same or less power as a nitrous kit would for a camaro or mustang or even a challenger/charger. Let's not forget a built short block is 7k which I can buy a 427ci short block for that money. Then add in another 5k for bolt ons and head work and misc parts. So in order to make 700whp with this engine you'll spend 14k +. Well for that money I can literally buy a 454r and make the same power with no turbo and be faster and quicker. There is no stroker kits to turn the 2.0 into a 2.5L or what ever. Again a massive following should of had this figured out. Idk why people are fine with what they got and not wanna push the edge. It's OK though if I decide to keep this car ill do something crazy for sure
you need to just follow JerseyDrew then....he's turning his into a flying gas can with a built engine and BT to full send for low numbers.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
If your sole goal with a gti is to make a number… you very much got into the wrong car, and should probably switch direction before you even mod the car.

A GTI is not an ideal drag car, roll racers etc at all, it’s a super fun all around performer that provides some practicality into the mix with room and access.

People @JerseyDrew77 and other who take these cars to the extreme aren’t doing it cause ONE specific goal was in mind…. It’s cause we are VW nuts and will take the tough and dumb, wastefully spent road while understanding there are plenty more “efficient” platforms to use to reach that number, time, etc.

But the goal for many of us isn’t to wide scale have or do xyz car wise but to primarily do it in a golf first and foremost. The ones who just want to achieve xyz… well they switch platforms cough @Will_ cough 😅

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
If your sole goal with a gti is to make a number… you very much got into the wrong car, and should probably switch direction before you even mod the car.

A GTI is not an ideal drag car, roll racers etc at all, it’s a super fun all around performer that provides some practicality into the mix with room and access.

People @JerseyDrew77 and other who take these cars to the extreme aren’t doing it cause ONE specific goal was in mind…. It’s cause we are VW nuts and will take the tough and dumb, wastefully spent road while understanding there are plenty more “efficient” platforms to use to reach that number, time, etc.

But the goal for many of us isn’t to wide scale have or do xyz car wise but to primarily do it in a golf first and foremost. The ones who just want to achieve xyz… well they switch platforms cough @Will_ cough 😅
Yep, this man gets it.

Sure, I could've taken the tens of thousands of dollars that I've spent on my car to anther platform with RWD like a Camaro or Supra, not Mustangs because I hate them, but didn't because I LOVE my Volkswagens and GTIs so much to where my wife is actually jealous and gets pissed off at me that I spend more time with my car than I do with her but that's also because my car doesn't talk back so makes it easier to get along with it. Lol... Also, I like the challenge of working on these cars and making them fast when everybody else says you can't do it. I guess you can say that I also like proving people wrong while pissing them off at the same time when all they see are my taillights. People think that I'm wasting my money on my car, especially my wife, but I don't see it that way and I will never stop working on it even after I start racing it.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Lol, just trying to help you get what you’re looking for. Good luck Dude

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG

Hey, I bought a MK8! Still have some VW in the family.

But yes....the GR86 is a much better for my goals...which is racecar.

A63FCB25-CC7C-4290-B4B2-DA6BEAE9A96C.jpeg