GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine Speed Max 4000 rpm

Flippy23

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey everybody, I was trying to search this, but I couldn't find any information for MK7's. Has anyone ran into this issue on their GTI's? The epc would come on, but after I shut off the car and turn it on it disappeared. It's happened about 5 times now in the last couple of days. Any information would be helpful!

Attachments

• IMG_9322.JPG
    IMG_9322.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 6,438

mesaboogie18

Ready to race!
I've had this happen several times. Took it to the dealer 3 times. First time, they said it was an electrical issue and replaced the wiring harness. Second time, they thought it was a lubrication issue, but couldn't find any evidence. Still have no idea what it is :/ Maybe a new issue? Techs said they've never seen it before. I was completely stock with 2k miles on the motor too.

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
What are you doing when this happens ? If you sitting there the car has a rev limit of 4k when not moving

iPhone using Tapatalk VIP

mesaboogie18

Ready to race!
What are you doing when this happens ? If you sitting there the car has a rev limit of 4k when not moving

iPhone using Tapatalk VIP

It's not the rev limiter. It's the ECU going into limp mode and limiting the motor to 4K RPMS with no boost at all. Car feels like a slug. For me, it always happened within the first 5 min of driving the car after a cold start.

Flippy23

Passed Driver's Ed
I've had this happen several times. Took it to the dealer 3 times. First time, they said it was an electrical issue and replaced the wiring harness. Second time, they thought it was a lubrication issue, but couldn't find any evidence. Still have no idea what it is :/ Maybe a new issue? Techs said they've never seen it before. I was completely stock with 2k miles on the motor too.

Has it shown up since? Does your car make any noises? After I turn off the car and turn it back on it still idles smoothly. I then drive it as normal and exceed 4000 rpm on 4th gear and everything seems normal

mesaboogie18

Ready to race!
Has it shown up since? Does your car make any noises? After I turn off the car and turn it back on it still idles smoothly. I then drive it as normal and exceed 4000 rpm on 4th gear and everything seems normal

After restarting the car, it goes away until the next time.

bpw

Ready to race!
I've had low batteries wreak havoc on electrical systems even though the vehicle started fine. Your due for a battery anyway. I'd start there personally.