GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine Mount -- Is It Done?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Buy once, cry once. If you’re worried about nvh, stay stock.

my new to me GTI came with 034 mounts. If I keep it, BFI going in.

Also poly bushings have been used for decades in performance oriented mounts and have not had issues.
lol, this is so ancient.

2017 GTI Sport - Deer to Roof Mod
2017 Alltrack SEL - 352 whp / 350 ft/lbs - 11.981 @ 114.9MPH

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Buy once, cry once. If you’re worried about nvh, stay stock.

my new to me GTI came with 034 mounts. If I keep it, BFI going in.

Also poly bushings have been used for decades in performance oriented mounts and have not had issues.
Is the back hanging out 10mm from the engine mount?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Stock style - velt sport 60A, decided I was a little too nvh sensitive to be happy running the BFI’s
Any issue with the rubber pushing out-of the back?

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
034 mounts are trash i'll leave these here

Attachments

• IMG_0517(1).jpg
    IMG_0517(1).jpg
    726 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0515(2).jpg
    IMG_0515(2).jpg
    650.3 KB · Views: 109

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
How are you liking the Velt's so far? Did you get both engine and transmission mount?
Yes both sides, can’t speak to them in regards to a comparison VS stock as I’m guessing they are negligible, but for my case going from the full billet (both) bfi’s to these - Im extremely happy with then, Even with the hybrid lower dogbone puck the cars very calm at idle and the Nvh is that if a typical car… I just have lots of rattles that I now need to re address on the interior Cause the former vibrations did a number on them all I feel. And is now just more pronounced when I drive since it’s quieter.

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Yes both sides, can’t speak to them in regards to a comparison VS stock as I’m guessing they are negligible, but for my case going from the full billet (both) bfi’s to these - Im extremely happy with then, Even with the hybrid lower dogbone puck the cars very calm at idle and the Nvh is that if a typical car… I just have lots of rattles that I now need to re address on the interior Cause the former vibrations did a number on them all I feel. And is now just more pronounced when I drive since it’s quieter.
I should have probably held off on the BFI stage1 engine mount and transmission mount insert. I do have the BFI dogbone insert and NVH is at best minimal at this point, but maybe I just got used to it. No one ever noticed or complained about it to this day.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Is the back hanging out 10mm from the engine mount?
I’ll take a pic when I get home. I know it looked odd to me.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I had 034 in my mk6 and it only lasted maybe a year before the mounts softened up too much and wheel hop returned. They were an improvement over oem for only a short time.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
Looks like bad casting, and even worse quality control.
Oh I know that was my 3rd set of street density mounts. Those ones pictured lasted 3 months with 5k miles on them. Took them 2 months to fix the issue. Needless to say they upgraded me to their billet mounts free of charge and they paid my labor to install the new mounts. This was after fighting with them for a month because they wanted me to pay the difference between the street density and billet mounts. I told them no I wasnt paying anything for the billet mounts. It took them getting their Ceo involved before I got a resolution.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs

Attachments

• 656F9284-4267-4B7E-98DD-81AF620E9BF2.jpeg
    656F9284-4267-4B7E-98DD-81AF620E9BF2.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 91