GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine Mount -- Is It Done?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Its not just the internal rubber pushing out issue, I’ve seen several instances of failures at low mileage (both of the rubber and broken aluminum castings).

I did a brief search to give you a little more than my word on that, but unfortunately the threads weren’t titled with 034 & I gave up on looking.

Anyone, I’ve seen them both here & on the FB page hence my BFI recommendations based on personal experience there.

I totally get the guys who’ve said they’re too much for their personal preferences, especially on DSG cars (which seem to suffer the most with NVH from upgraded mounts). Just keeping OEM mounts swapped out regularly can absolutely be a solution.

Edit, here’s after 30 seconds of searching on FB
I've seen all of this - the awd and DSG does create a bit different situation than the higher-powered fwd manual cars w/r to stress on mounts. I was just hoping to strike a balance but in the end I'll probably end up with some stage 1 BFIs.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
My CTS mounts look like this. ~20k miles and no issues. Will probably replace with BFIs in the future.
So they are the same then (or at least the shell/measurements)...I should have saved the money.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I'm so curious about the cp-e 55a mounts but as far as I can tell no one who has them has posted anywhere about them, only you with the 70a.

The more I read about BFI and poly mounts the more I think no way. Guys who drive buzzy shitboxes love to post on forums about how there's "no added NVH". Sure thing guy.
If one of mine fails or gets silly, I’ll ask them for a 55A replacement and report back. I’m sure it would be bitchin.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
If one of mine fails or gets silly, I’ll ask them for a 55A replacement and report back. I’m sure it would be bitchin.
Those cpe mounts look badass!

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Yeah I’m pretty sure that all 3 are from the same China factory that used an OEM casting to knock them off (they have grind marks where they grind off the oem numbers lol)

So any perceived issues that happen with the o34s probably will happen to all of them… I just put some on my car about a month ago that I REPLACED BFI stage 1 with, haha. I knew the potential for “concerns” but will deal with them as I’m just not a fan of the nvh As I’m mores sensitive to them then others I suppose.

View attachment 233286
How's the APR bracket holding up using just the upper bolt?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
How's the APR bracket holding up using just the upper bolt?
With a little foam on the bolt head it was tight and plenty solid, but that was temp as when I switched the mount out I put a studs bolt it there cause
image.jpg

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Stock style - velt sport 60A, decided I was a little too nvh sensitive to be happy running the BFI’s

I hear ya. I still have another thousand or two miles before mine are broken in, but there's no doubt that the BFI Stage 1 engine and transmission mounts increase NVH more than the dogbone insert alone. It's most apparent after the warmup idle drops and before the engine is up to temp. Stop and go driving during that period is pretty rough. If that was the majority of my driving, I'd do just what you did. Once everything is all warmed up, it's within my "tolerable" range. One thing that doesn't change is how much louder the engine, transmission, and exhaust noises are inside the car when on the gas.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Buy once, cry once. If you’re worried about nvh, stay stock.

my new to me GTI came with 034 mounts. If I keep it, BFI going in.

Also poly bushings have been used for decades in performance oriented mounts and have not had issues.