GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine Mount -- Is It Done?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI

This video has been shared previously and illustrates why you want to connect the upper and lower mounts. I've seen the APR dogbone bend at the lower mounting attaching point when only lower inserts are used. The following link has a lot of good information regarding the inserts and why you want something that fills the voids in the upper and lower mounts. https://store.034motorsport.com/034...n-mk75-golf-golf-r-gti-jetta-7-speed-dsg.html.

Based on the recommendation of one of my friends I went ahead and modified my powerflex hybrid mount to accept the 034 upper insert. And I should also note that the ECS dogbone is not a direct fit for the powerflex hybrid puck (had to machine down the aluminum cup thing that comes with the insert so it would fit in the dogbone).

View attachment 190456

I did the APR Lower Steel Insert + APR Pendulum bar and 034 Upper insert with stock uppers and it made a 5-10% increase in NVH, and it’s really zero N or H, only Vibrations at idle speeds in 1st and 2nd.

I am looking forward to getting the BFI Stage 1’s. Had them on my last car along with APR Pendulum bar and power flex insert. The NVH from the mounts was nonexistent Besides, like others say, a better exhaust note.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Main reason I’m interested in the cpe is it’s not poly, and it’s a stiff 70A durometer that’s the same or close to the Powerflex. Hoping it’s a Superpro fill-in, if they ever make them again. Also lifetime warranty; they may refund if it’s not what they claim. Willing to guinea pig for posterity.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
What’s the issue with a poly bushings for mounts?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Main reason I’m interested in the cpe is it’s not poly, and it’s a stiff 70A durometer that’s the same or close to the Powerflex. Hoping it’s a Superpro fill-in, if they ever make them again. Also lifetime warranty; they may refund if it’s not what they claim. Willing to guinea pig for posterity.

You’re a good man. Lots of people seem pretty excited about these, I hope GTI Jake’s predictions don’t come true. Mostly because it would be just “another one bites the dust” with the aftermarket mounts on MK7’s. Why oh why won’t superpro bring them back... I feel like they’d make more than they did before, with how much hype has built since they’re not available anymore

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
What’s the issue with a poly bushings for mounts?

Nothing that I know of. SuperPro mounts are poly and are widely regarded as the best. Unfortunately they quit making them. Not because they're poly but lack of demand because of the high price. I have them and so do plenty of other guys in the forum.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I personally run the full set of green stage 2, but there’s also black stage 1 that result in a little less NVH.

NVH tolerance is subjective so just be honest with yourself as to what you’re ok with. I’ve shot several hours of my YouTube content while driving my car so the NVH (noise mostly) can’t be that bad, but again, subjective

Dang I wouldn’t expect that from them, but I guess issues can happen and customer service people have bad days too.

Good call on the six lines for grade 8, I must have been thinking of some ultra rare 8 point bolts 😂

Wait... I have a stage 1 BFI motor mount and it's green, not black.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
How about NVH with the poly insert?
Much worse, lol. But I did select the spulen “extreme” version

when the cars at 650-750rpms it’s excessive, above 800rpms it’s fine... unfortunately with the 2019 ecu I can’t seem to get the obd11 to raise the idle rpm, tried many ways.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Nothing that I know of. SuperPro mounts are poly and are widely regarded as the best. Unfortunately they quit making them. Not because they're poly but lack of demand because of the high price. I have them and so do plenty of other guys in the forum.

It’s not typical polyurethane.

An important note to think about is SuperPro’s products line is Known for polyurethane, yet when it came to motor mounts they did NOT elect to use polyurethane... they used a product they created called polyelast that’s like a synthetic rubber because they themselves didn’t feel Polyurethane was not good for NVH mitigation on something like a engine mount.

also the fact that they WERE NOT polyurethane was why they are widely regarded as the best.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
It’s not typical polyurethane.

An important note to think about is SuperPro’s products line is Known for polyurethane, yet when it came to motor mounts they did NOT elect to use polyurethane... they used a product they created called polyelast that’s like a synthetic rubber because they themselves didn’t feel Polyurethane was not good for NVH mitigation on something like a engine mount.

also the fact that they WERE NOT polyurethane was why they are widely regarded as the best.

Is Polyelast propriety to SuperPro? I've never heard that term used for polyurethane elsewhere.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Is Polyelast propriety to SuperPro? I've never heard that term used for polyurethane elsewhere.
It’s not their regular polyurethane, the material your mounts are made of are not the same as all the other blue bushing material you see from them.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
It’s not their regular polyurethane, the material your mounts are made of are not the same as all the other blue bushing material you see from them.

Why doesn't anyone else use Polyelast? Is it proprietary to SuperPro?

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Yes all of superpro's bushing materials are proprietary to them, it's one of the reasons they are better than most other companies in the segment ;)