GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine chirp noise at idle

DGrimes1234

Car(s)
Mk7 GTD
Hi there all, just after some advice I’ve got an engine chirp coming from the cambelt side of the engine, I’ve had the cambelt, water pump, auxiliary belt and all the correct pulleys and tensioners changed. The car only makes the noise when cold and not up to operating temperature. I’ve had 2 garages looks at it and they can not put there finger on it what it could be. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue and what it could be ?
cheers

Woods98

Car(s)
Mk7 GTD
Hi there all, just after some advice I’ve got an engine chirp coming from the cambelt side of the engine, I’ve had the cambelt, water pump, auxiliary belt and all the correct pulleys and tensioners changed. The car only makes the noise when cold and not up to operating temperature. I’ve had 2 garages looks at it and they can not put there finger on it what it could be. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue and what it could be ?
cheers
Mine has the same noise, supposedly all the diesels will do it at some stage, sounds like water pump or something on auxiliary, but nevertheless there has been no issues from mine after doing 30k from when it started