GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engen swap

Vincenty

Car(s)
Golf 7 1.4 Tsi CMBA
I have a problem with my Golf 1.4 Tsi cmba 2013 it consume too much as they said it was a factory foult on their pistons.. Was asking if I replace my 1.4 tsi cmba engine with a 1.2 cjz will it be a straight fit.

Im planning on getting a 1.2 cjz instead o4 1.4 cmba

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
The engine will fit, but you will have to also fit the ECU from the donor engine.

The 1.4lt has problems on poor quality fuel, but this has happened before on other VW 1.4lts...just use better fuel or a fuel octane booster additive.

Vincenty

Car(s)
Golf 7 1.4 Tsi CMBA
Thanks a lot. But if I may ask.. Apart from fitting the ECU from the donor for saving fuelconsumption.. Can it still run with the 1.4 ECU... Cos I wanted to save cost n keep the original ECU

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
ECU is coded to the engine, you either have to pay a VW dealer to code the 1.4 ecu to the 1.2 or swap in the matched ECU with the 1.2.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Seems like a lot of work and an extremely expensive project for just a fuel consumption issue.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Im not planning on replacing the ECU.. Just want to replace the engine with 1.2
I doubt that will work. The ECU in your car is programmed to run with your engine. Fuel and timing tables etc.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
The base ECU (actual hardware unit) on the 1.2 & 1.4 is the same Bosch Motronic MED 17.5.21.....

However....the software is totally different....infact the software is different for each of the two power outputs available for the 1.2lt.....& the 1.4lt has several different base software versions....

So unless you know somebody who can flash the correct VW base map onto your existing ECU then forget it...

Vincenty

Car(s)
Golf 7 1.4 Tsi CMBA
The base ECU (actual hardware unit) on the 1.2 & 1.4 is the same Bosch Motronic MED 17.5.21.....

However....the software is totally different....infact the software is different for each of the two power outputs available for the 1.2lt.....& the 1.4lt has several different base software versions....

So unless you know somebody who can flash the correct VW base map onto your existing ECU then forget it...
Got it

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Your petrol doesn't really comply with EN228 & is on the list of "affected countries"..so you are supposed to use octane booster & cleaner at every service as it states in the VW service books...& your services are at shorter intervals also...

Also your country is on the "hot/dusty" list of affected countries as per VW...so no wonder that the piston rings go so easily....

Modern engines are made to tight tolerances & need top quality oils & fuels to meet the emissions standards for the design...

Vincenty

Car(s)
Golf 7 1.4 Tsi CMBA
Golfdave.... One last question. My engine is 1.4 tsi cmba. I so was asking which other 1.4 tsi engen model I can replace my engine with.. Except 1.2 tsi

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Golfdave.... One last question. My engine is 1.4 tsi cmba. I so was asking which other 1.4 tsi engen model I can replace my engine with.. Except 1.2 tsi

That's the 90kW 1.4lt.....There's the later version as there were 122/125PS versions..most of the other 1.4lts are hybrid, bio-fuel or China markets..or the more powerful 140/150PS versions...

All the EA211 VAG MQB platform 1.4lt petrol engines:-
Early versions:-
140PS:-
CPTA 103kW EU5
CHPA 103kW EU5

122PS:-
CMBA 90kW EU5
CXSA 90kW EU5
CPVA 90kW EU5 (bioethanol)

Later versions:-
150PS:-
CZEA 110kW EU6
CZDA 110kW EU6

125PS:-
CZCA 92kW EU6
CPVB 92kW EU6 (bioethanol)

Misc:-
DJVA 110kW EU6W
CPWA 81kW (natural gas/petrol)
CUKB 110kW hybrid/petrol engine (GTE spec)
CUKC 115kW hybrid/petrol engine (GTE spec)

Vincenty

Car(s)
Golf 7 1.4 Tsi CMBA
Hello Golfdave

I just decided to rebuild my 1.4 and put it back in.. Im afraid I'll get the same misfire problem if I put a second hand engine.