GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Endless MX72 brake pads question

HoyaDub

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI Autobahn
So I ordered front and rear brake pads for my GTI, based it on what Nengun's website said was the appropriate pads for the car and what I had found here. Had to get some work done on the car anyway, so I had the shop install the brake pads. The front were not an issue (Endless MX72 EIP250), however they said the rear brake pads were the wrong pads. I ordered EIP251 for the rear, is that the correct part number? Nengun's website says it is correct, and they look right... so can someone please confirm for me whether I am either stupid and ordered the wrong part, or not crazy and these are indeed correct?

Visceral

Go Kart Newbie
I ordered the front and back pads from Nengun as well and even had someone over there confirm that they would work. In the end, the rears that came did not fit. Not even close. When I inquired with Nengun about it they went quiet. Pissed off but not much I could do. Other than here I can say DO NOT use Nengun. There is a local distributor in California that I never reached out to.

You're not crazy or stupid. They are selling them as fitment for PP GTI's and they are not. Rear pads that I got are part no. EIP251PC

Having said that, I really like the front pads a lot. I put OE pads on the rears for now. They are quiet and offer a good amount of stopping power with no noise and are progressive in nature. Not as grabby as the OE fronts were. Hope you like them.

HoyaDub

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI Autobahn
I ordered the front and back pads from Nengun as well and even had someone over there confirm that they would work. In the end, the rears that came did not fit. Not even close. When I inquired with Nengun about it they went quiet. Pissed off but not much I could do. Other than here I can say DO NOT use Nengun. There is a local distributor in California that I never reached out to.

You're not crazy or stupid. They are selling them as fitment for PP GTI's and they are not. Rear pads that I got are part no. EIP251PC

Having said that, I really like the front pads a lot. I put OE pads on the rears for now. They are quiet and offer a good amount of stopping power with no noise and are progressive in nature. Not as grabby as the OE fronts were. Hope you like them.

Thanks for the input, yeah I was afraid of that. Oh well, lesson learned! I do love the front pads, they are great so far. I like their stopping power and lack of noise, but I think my favorite thing is how little they dust compared to the stock pads. I will probably go the same route you did and keep the OE pads on the rear for the time being.

Thanks again for helping me clear that up

Visceral

Go Kart Newbie
Yep. And don't be afraid to track with those pads. They have held up well after a couple of HPDE's...

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
I put these on my stoptech st40 brakes and really didn't like them actually, they did not have great bite and had pad deposit issues that would then not come off, i use pagid yellow 29 pads for track and replaced my endless mx pads with the stoptech pads that came with the stoptech kit are way better than these endless pads and cost literally 1/5 the price.

I'd just take the dust shields off and add some air deflectors on the front and get some titanium shields and run something else if you're trying to run the same pads on street and track, and if you're swapping pads for HPDE (which is the way to go imo) then there are way better track pads than endless mx72s

for rear pads I just use EBC yellow pads and they work great, the rear brakes barely get used, especially if you don't have the stability control on. the TCR vw race car still uses stock rear brakes i beleive even.

Last edited: