GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Enabling TJA + Lane Assist on a 2018 Golf R

mangio85

Car(s)
Passat b8 2015
Thank you so much for your information ....

Unfortunately, when i go below 60 km / h, the lane assist turns orange. So I'm afraid I don't have this functionality.

The coding listed below anything??
"Control unit: 13 Adaptive Cruise Control

Long Coding:
Assistent_for_traffic_hold_up -> activated
Traffic_jam_assistant_in_car_menu -> activated
Traffic_jam_dependent_linear_tracking -> activated
Driveaway by triggerleaver -> activated
Auto driveaway after short stop -> activated
Auto driveaway by pretrigger -> activated
Curve_assistent -> activated
Dense_traffic -> activated
Emergency_assist ->installed
Emergency_steer_assist -> activated"

Kind regards

mangio85

Car(s)
Passat b8 2015
TJA (if enabled) is basically, ACC + LaneAssist enabled in lower speeds., like i just mentioned, to test it. All you have to do is enable ACC at a speed greater than 60kmph on a clearly marked road., make sure the Lane Assist is working as well. When the traffic slows down, both ACC and Lane Assist should be active even at a lower speeds.

If your camera has not been enabled with TJA already, you need VCP to flash it. (as instructed by Tac on this thread). There is no need to re-calibration.
Thank you so much for your help. I retrofitted by taking the used camera of another car (I think golf) and then calibrating it in my passat b8. The file zdc that I have to upload have to be related to my car or to the original camera? Thank you

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Thank you so much for your help. I retrofitted by taking the used camera of another car (I think golf) and then calibrating it in my passat b8. The file zdc that I have to upload have to be related to my car or to the original camera? Thank you

If you have the VCP program with active subscription., do a file search on the cameras part number including the index or last character eg. 3Q0980654H., they should have the matching files by vehicle name eg. Golf, A3, etc. Pick the closest one and download it locally and use the same to on VCP function to flash it.

Usually using the wrong file, the upload will not work or error out. But in rare cases, it may flash it incorrectly causing the camera to malfunction or brick it.

If i understand the reasoning for flash correctly, i think it loads all the vehicle specific parameters like the end margins, ride height, angle, position, etc along with TJA functions. Retrofitting on a Passat and flashing it with Golf/A3 data doesnt seems right to me., yes technically it may work. But that may be a risk, after all it is safety related. Just my thought.

Wondering, why you used the Golf related camera on a Passat which is a different platform.

mangio85

Car(s)
Passat b8 2015
I understand . ...
I would like to explain better, as maybe you can help me.

My device camera 3q0980654h is from a golf but currently it has been calibrated with the vas poster and all my car parameters. My doubt represents which zdc file will I have to upload, for passat or golf?

The vcp (original and active) is from a friend of mine but he doesn't know this procedure. The biggest fear is to brick the device.

I hope my bad English is understandable.

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Just follow the exact instructions as mentioned by user Tac (# post on this thread) - https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...e-assist-on-a-2018-golf-r.360141/post-7250776

As for the files, as long as the zdc file matches - your part number and index., you should be safe - if you find one for Passat then great. if not just use the one for Golf or AudiA3., download all the files that fit this criteria and use it for flashing.

On the VCP Flash screen, you select the module as A5, ensure steps #5 and #7 is done., i.e erase full memory and select the data - ***TRAFFIC_JAM*** or TJA option is selected (step 7). Not every file of *3q0980654h*.zdc will have the data for TJA available, so you need to try and check each file you downloaded.

When i did mine, i flashed atleast 3-4 variants of the *3q0980654h*.zdc files., all of them worked without issues.
Possible file names you will have for download from VCP is -
golf_frontcamera_3q0980654h.zdc
a3_frontcamera_3q0980654h.zdc

Make sure you take a backup of your long code and adaptation values using VCDS., just in case you have to re-code it.

mangio85

Car(s)
Passat b8 2015
Fantastic .... you were very clear ... next days I will try and hope not to do any damage ...
Thanks so much again. I'll come back with the information.

canto01

Car(s)
Troc
hi, i have a troc my2021 with acc and lane assist. I would also like to activate the traffic jam assist and emergency brake assist. the procedure is the same? where do i find the .zdc file suitable for me? can I use VCDS or necessarily VCP? thank you all

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
I have a 2021 as well. The camera seems to be a newer revision. I contacted them no response months later.

JanekM

Car(s)
VW Passat B8 1.8 HL
Has anyone tried using the Car Scanner app with ELM327 instead of VCP for camera parametrization?
According to the information on their WEB site, one of the service features of this application is:

"Assistance Camera Parameterization with Traffic Jam Assist, Road Sign Recognition and Emergency Assist support.
NOTE: Experimental function! Compatibility depends on installed hardware and software version!
Only for assistance camera 3Q0980654 or 3QD980654H
Traffic Jam Assist function enables lane assist below 65 km/h (requires activation of lane assist and adaptive lane assist)."

I have the 3Q0980654H camera, working Lane Assist and ACC, but I'm looking for someone who has already activated Traffic Jam Assist this way, because I'm a little afraid to take the risk.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
You don't need VCP for this. I've never used Car Scanner either... but on MIBSolution.one there are files for camera index H or L with TJA and lane assist change from 15 seconds to 60 seconds before you need to put force on the steering wheel. These are XML's to be used with ODIS, but maybe Car Scanner uses these same files 🤷‍♂️... unless they have a format of their own.

Road sign recognition is in coding/adaptations... doesn't need any specific activation. Besides being a feature of the camera it's not really related to TJA or Lane Assist.

dawcioral

Car(s)
MK7.5
Has anyone tried using the Car Scanner app with ELM327 instead of VCP for camera parametrization?
According to the information on their WEB site, one of the service features of this application is:

"Assistance Camera Parameterization with Traffic Jam Assist, Road Sign Recognition and Emergency Assist support.
NOTE: Experimental function! Compatibility depends on installed hardware and software version!
Only for assistance camera 3Q0980654 or 3QD980654H
Traffic Jam Assist function enables lane assist below 65 km/h (requires activation of lane assist and adaptive lane assist)."

I have the 3Q0980654H camera, working Lane Assist and ACC, but I'm looking for someone who has already activated Traffic Jam Assist this way, because I'm a little afraid to take the risk.
I do it. Everything works.

Last edited: