GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Enabling ACC speed adjustment with 1mph increments

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Been driving my MK7 for 2 years now and finally found the setting to tweak the ACC buttons operation.

By default: if you press [+] or [-] buttons on the steering wheel you will change your adaptive cruise control settings by 5mph (or 10km/h). And for 1mph precision you need to use RES or SET button while the ACC is active.

After modification: short press [+] or [-] to adjust by 1mph (or 1km/h), long press [+] or [-] to adjust by 5mph (or 10km/h). RES and SET will now function only as RESUME and SET.

Connect your OBDeleven, VCDS, or whatever you have that is capable of changing coding/adaptation values in VAG cars. Then:

Code:
Module 13 → Security Access → Code: 14117
Module 13 → Long Coding → Byte: 02 → Bit: 6 (Operation mode) → enable (operation mode 2)
or
Code:
Module 13 → Security Access → Code: 14117
Module 13 → Adaptation → Operation mode → Operation mode 2

⚠️ Some cruise control modules can use different coding or even have this setting in adaptation instead of coding.
⚠️ Make sure that option that you are about to change is properly labeled.

Last edited:

HawkeAssault

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 GTI, '92 Corrado
Does this work for cars without ACC?
I hate that the short press goes up by 5 and the long press goes by 1. Would preforming this change swap it?

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
I don't have access to car with CC and without ACC so can't say. Check if there's module 13 available and what's inside coding and adaptations.

davide.bonetti

Ready to race!
I knew it was too good to be true. my module 13 doesn't have that adaptation and does not accept the coding.

mine is the "old round" radar so I bet you have the "new squared" one.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
In the USA, our 2015 Golf cruise operated as described, but my '16 R and now '19 R both already operate as described *after* modification - no changes needed to make it work this way from '16 forward here, at least in my experience.

VW'15GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW GTI '15
Since I tuned my car, I can't get to do +5 mph increments on +/- and can't seem to find where to code it since I don't have ACC