GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Enable left-foot braking

Pbrowne

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 GTI
I learned the technique of left foot braking at Watkins Glen. I followed the example of Rusty Wallace who show this technique in the cockpit camera footage of a NASCAR race at the Glen.

The technique involves staying on the gas in a turn after getting in the right gear, using the brake to modulate speed, and therefore being hot on the gas coming out of the turn. This works with a manual transmission, but it's especially helpful with an automatic transmission. This works for hot lap on the track or on the road where it's especially helpful in sweeping turns.

VW seems to have precluded this technique by cutting power when the brake is applied. This is probably their approach to the 2003 Audi "unintended acceleration problem." I'm wondering if there is a VCDS brake setting that can be modified to preclude cutting the engine power when brake is applied.:confused:

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
No VCDS tune allows enabling as far as everyone is aware. It has been enabled with APR tunes, IIRC. Unsure of others tunes at this moment, quick look suggests Revo tune also enables this.

Last edited: