GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Enable left-foot braking?

Pbrowne

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 GTI
I have always liked the option of left-foot braking for some tricky turns when running quickly -- keep revs up with right foot and modulate speed with left foot. It's an old racing technique to maximize speed through some corners. However, this doesn't work on my 2015 TSI.

If I keep my foot on the gas, the engine backs ofs as soon as I try to modulate speed with my left foot on the brake. Worse, there's a lag in the engine when I take my foot off the brake.

I assume that this is one of those nanny controls inflicted by @!* corporate lawyers.

Can this be eliminated by VCDS? (I note that the APR ECS software mod eliminates this, but I don't want to go that route.)

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
I have always liked the option of left-foot braking for some tricky turns when running quickly -- keep revs up with right foot and modulate speed with left foot. It's an old racing technique to maximize speed through some corners. However, this doesn't work on my 2015 TSI.

If I keep my foot on the gas, the engine backs ofs as soon as I try to modulate speed with my left foot on the brake. Worse, there's a lag in the engine when I take my foot off the brake.

I assume that this is one of those nanny controls inflicted by @!* corporate lawyers.

Can this be eliminated by VCDS? (I note that the APR ECS software mod eliminates this, but I don't want to go that route.)

Only way I know of of getting left foot breaking working is through a tune like APR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
It's a required safety feature on cars with throttle-by-wire systems. As the previous poster said, some ECU tunes (APR and United Motorsports come to mind) allow you to eliminate this; it can't be done via VCDS.

Ace92028

Go Kart Newbie
Can it be done via jb1? I would like to brake boost, don't need the safety ;)

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I have a ASIN 6speed auto GSW.

I recently discovered from reading forums on previous models that it can be performed by lifting off the gas quickly, then re-applying the gas, with the foot on the brake all the time. Works on my car!

Not ideal, but something you might experiment with.