GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Emissions Question - Help Needed!

Sami4sunday

Car(s)
Lexus IS 350
I’m looking to buy a new 2021 GTI this week from an out of state dealer and not sure if the car meets the high CA emissions standards in my state. The dealer says this is a non-issue as VW builds all US cars to the same high emissions standards. I’m not entirely sure, as I read GTIs have a sticker that says “complies with emissions standards in all 50 states” or something to that effect.

Best I could get was this (sticker) that says “conforms to all Federal Safety, Bumper, Theft standards” which isn’t the same thing. Doesn’t mention Emissions.

Be great if you guys can help. Sure hate to bring it home and can’t register!

Attachments

• 06732296-9208-455F-AA69-85D58F87ADC7.jpeg
    06732296-9208-455F-AA69-85D58F87ADC7.jpeg
    189.1 KB · Views: 81

Ace92028

Go Kart Newbie
Check to see if it says PZEV anywhere under the hood.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
I think VW is good about this, but I know all manufacturers aren't, so it's good to check. I had a co-worker recently have to get their 2020 honda re-flashed at the dealer with their CARB tune because she bought it out of state.

Sami4sunday

Car(s)
Lexus IS 350
Thanks guys for the feedback, and Jomlloyd for the tip. I did call two dealers in CARB states and both said the same thing. Brand new VWs are all built to meet the highest emissions standards across the US, so can be registered in any state.

Sami4sunday

Car(s)
Lexus IS 350
FYI- VW US sent me a Letter of Origin confirming the vehicle met all safety and emissions standards in the US and the California Air Resources Board (CARB) emissions standards. This applies to the 7.5mk assembled in Mexico.