GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Emissions Cheating in the Automotive Industry

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch

you can skip the first 7 minutes if you already know the story of VW's dieselgate

Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
I didn’t know what was going on until Nolan told me.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Tried to watch, didn't make it very far, TLDW?
VW was the 1st to get busted and was made an example of but practically every manufacturer is guilty of cheating/lying re emissions in some way. Watch from 7:00-10:00 for more details

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
VW was the 1st to get busted and was made an example of but practically every manufacturer is guilty of cheating/lying re emissions in some way. Watch from 7:00-10:00 for more details
So essentially bosch is to blame

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
Who sets the future emission standards requirements? EPA? I don't think GDI and all the DEF stuff would have been engineered otherwise. New diesels are a nightmare.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Who sets the future emission standards requirements? EPA? I don't think GDI and all the DEF stuff would have been engineered otherwise. New diesels are a nightmare.
Won't have to worry about it for much longer.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
When VW bought back the diesels, a manager at my job said it was the best car investment he ever had (as he was excited to get the 12k buy back). He then said he would never buy another VW in his life, lol.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
When VW bought back the diesels, a manager at my job said it was the best car investment he ever had (as he was excited to get the 12k buy back). He then said he would never buy another VW in his life, lol.
I read about people making big bucks selling cars back to vw.

fauMkVGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf R
Speaking of Diesels, I keep seeing a number of essentially brand new (<100 miles) 2016 Touareg TDIs for sale on Autrotrader. I'm surprised they are still out there and even more surprised they are selling for essentially MSRP ($65k+++).

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Speaking of Diesels, I keep seeing a number of essentially brand new (<100 miles) 2016 Touareg TDIs for sale on Autrotrader. I'm surprised they are still out there and even more surprised they are selling for essentially MSRP ($65k+++).
They're allowed to dream. :)