GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Emission Service Action 24FX

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I was about to get the newest EQT updated for my car, now I'm going to wait and see if they incorporate these fixes.
Not a bad idea at all. I just flashed to the high tq apr stage 1 a bit ago. Maybe 40 minutes ago. The guys at the shop said I’d have to call apr and ask them about them adding this fix and was also told apr was really bad about this stuff

@Arin@APR hi man! Is there an official word on this? Thnx!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Were you tuned prior to getting this done? I want to know if doing this while you're tuned (even if you flash back to stock) TD1s your car.
I can't imagine you wouldn't get flagged.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Not a bad idea at all. I just flashed to the high tq apr stage 1 a bit ago. Maybe 40 minutes ago. The guys at the shop said I’d have to call apr and ask them about them adding this fix and was also told apr was really bad about this stuff

@Arin@APR hi man! Is there an official word on this? Thnx!
Maybe a moot point unless you're on the factory spec 0w-20. I'm up in the air.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7

StockblockGLI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GLI
Were you tuned prior to getting this done? I want to know if doing this while you're tuned (even if you flash back to stock) TD1s your car.
Nope. Stock late built 19 MY so it had the initial stalling update built in from the factory.

StockblockGLI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GLI
To my understanding when they plug into the OBD2 it will show the latest software so if you are tuned they will 100 percent know that. I’m not sure if that will set a TD1 flag automatically or if the tech has to report it. I know at that point some dealers won’t even touch the car .

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
To my understanding when they plug into the OBD2 it will show the latest software so if you are tuned they will 100 percent know that. I’m not sure if that will set a TD1 flag automatically or if the tech has to report it. I know at that point some dealers won’t even touch the car .
They will know that you flashed your ECU even if you flash back to stock because of the flash counter. It is my understanding that when your dealer hooks up your car it is simultaneously hooked up directly to VW. My dealer told me that I wouldn't get a TD1 automatically unless the car was hooked up to try and get a powertrain warranty repair covered under warranty.

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn
Would a 10K miles service visit to the VW service department will trigger any undesirable consequences (24FX TSB)?

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
They will know that you flashed your ECU even if you flash back to stock because of the flash counter. It is my understanding that when your dealer hooks up your car it is simultaneously hooked up directly to VW. My dealer told me that I wouldn't get a TD1 automatically unless the car was hooked up to try and get a powertrain warranty repair covered under warranty.

Flash counter has nothing to do with it, it's stored hash values.

A GFF log submitted will flag you TD1 in the system if you've flashed your ECU with anything but VW created software/firmware (issued a valid signature/certificate), this log contains values that VW's servers will use to verify system integrity.

I'm wondering if a GFF log is actually submitted after the update is performed as is stated in the service action I linked to in post 3.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Mines been fine without that update so far 🤷🏽‍♂️

I own both a 2018 and 2019 GTI. Back to back stock, the 2018 pulled smoother and harder. The 2019 seemed to really bog below 4000 rims. This should fix that.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I own both a 2018 and 2019 GTI. Back to back stock, the 2018 pulled smoother and harder. The 2019 seemed to really bog below 4000 rims. This should fix that.
See that’s where I f’d up. I have no idea what a stock GTI feels like. As soon as I hit 1k miles I changed the oil, dyno’d, flashed stage 1 low tq and dsg and redyno’d the following week.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Spoke to apr

me: when will the 24fx update be included in your tunes

apr: about 2 weeks to a few months.

me:...... ok that’s a little bit vague, will you be emailing folks, making a post on social media and forums, how would I know when it’s ready?

apr: just call us about every two weeks. We don’t post that kind of stuff

me:..... ok...... are you actively working on it? Is there any info at all

apr: I’ve no idea. I can ask

puts me on hold

apr: hey, we have no idea if it’s being worked on. Call us in about two weeks

me: ok......

hardly worth shaving my nuts for, dude. I guess it’ll be ready when it’s ready 🤷🏽‍♂️

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Reporting back. The entire process took less than 45 minutes. The car feels a little more eager off the line both in D and S. There is less of a dead pedal feel so to speak. It feels smoother under acceleration and punchier in the midrange. Nothing drastic but something I noticed. I think they maybe some changes to VVT and throttle mapping. Overall I like the update.
Really? Man that’s weird. I thought it was an emissions thing?

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
Reporting back. The entire process took less than 45 minutes. The car feels a little more eager off the line both in D and S. There is less of a dead pedal feel so to speak. It feels smoother under acceleration and punchier in the midrange. Nothing drastic but something I noticed. I think they maybe some changes to VVT and throttle mapping. Overall I like the update.
Thanks for reporting back with your impressions. Glad to know that maybe I'm not so crazy for having noticed the same improvements!